P4P+ (Plus) has less benefits and functionality! Other problems too!

Reaction score
Have you guys found problems in the most expensive Phantom 4 Pro +? It's weird that the more expensive version has LESS features. Here are some things that it's missing in the P4P+ (Plus with integrated screen that's $1700) that my P4P ($1400) did not have problems with:
  • No Focus Peaking
  • Facebook Livestreaming doesn't show real time commenting
I thought I read about some other unobvious ones but I forget what they are. I find it weird though.

Here are some other negative benefits I've also found:
  • Harder to upgrade to the latest DJI Go (only can do it when firmware comes out, not on the fly as the app gets updated)
  • The wifi often doesn't connect dependably. If I turn on a hotspot on my phone, the wifi may connect on it's own sometimes, and other times it doesn't.
  • Autofocus Assistant doesn't always work for some reason. Never switched it off but sometimes it doesn't give you the zoomed in preview first when tapping on the screen or soft pressing the shutter button.
  • Sometimes, even though the image format has been set to RAW (not JPEG + RAW), I'll still find that a JPG file has been created in the folder. Weird.
  • Often, when I am just about to fly, the screen will say something like "Inconsistent Firmware". I'll ignore it because I'm about to take off, but when I get home, it never comes up again and I can't seem to find any messaging about it and it will show that my firmware is up to date.

Inconsistent firmware is because EACH one of your batteries need an update as well. I had three batteries and wondered why that happened.

Either upgrade from PC with each battery loaded ...or just let the controller do it on mismatch detection.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
That's why I stuck with the P4P, I had a feeling a home brew operating system setup from DJI was not going to be as mature as sticking to Android.

That's why I stuck with the P4P, I had a feeling a home brew operating system setup from DJI was not going to be as mature as sticking to Android.
The P4P+ operating system is not 'home brew' but rather Android 4.4 KitKat (a common choice for embedded devices precisely because it is well-tested and stable.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick218
I have experienced all issues that you have highlighted above. But as others mentioned inconsistent firmware message is likely due to batteries. They all need to be updated.

I have 'need to upgrade firmware' once in a while but I just fly and it goes away. I always take off and land manually GPS. Habit.

I'm so happy I decided to go with P4P now. Besides I like my IOS devices anyhow. I almost ordered the plus because of DJI call recommendation but then had second thoughts on wanting a bigger screen also.

The P4P+ operating system is not 'home brew' but rather Android 4.4 KitKat (a common choice for embedded devices precisely because it is well-tested and stable.)
Maybe home brew was a bit of an exaggeration but it is not what most Phantom owners have so I figured updates would come out faster for regular tablets than for the P4P+ and bugs would be fixed faster since the many users of other tablets would find and report back problems in greater quantities than the few owners with the plus.

Maybe home brew was a bit of an exaggeration but it is not what most Phantom owners have so I figured updates would come out faster for regular tablets than for the P4P+ and bugs would be fixed faster since the many users of other tablets would find and report back problems in greater quantities than the few owners with the plus.
Again, the P4P+ runs Android as an OS, the same as any other Android tablet user, but it is true to say that DJI does not update the DJI GO application on the P4P+ in sync with updates in the Google Store, so yes, it is probable that any bugs tend to persist longer and new features may be more delayed on the P4P+.

Again, the P4P+ runs Android as an OS, the same as any other Android tablet user, but it is true to say that DJI does not update the DJI GO application on the P4P+ in sync with updates in the Google Store, so yes, it is probable that any bugs tend to persist longer and new features may be more delayed on the P4P+.
Excellent commentary. Clearly stated and informative.

Have you guys found problems in the most expensive Phantom 4 Pro +? It's weird that the more expensive version has LESS features. Here are some things that it's missing in the P4P+ (Plus with integrated screen that's $1700) that my P4P ($1400) did not have problems with:
  • No Focus Peaking
  • Facebook Livestreaming doesn't show real time commenting
I thought I read about some other unobvious ones but I forget what they are. I find it weird though.

Here are some other negative benefits I've also found:
  • Harder to upgrade to the latest DJI Go (only can do it when firmware comes out, not on the fly as the app gets updated)
  • The wifi often doesn't connect dependably. If I turn on a hotspot on my phone, the wifi may connect on it's own sometimes, and other times it doesn't.
  • Autofocus Assistant doesn't always work for some reason. Never switched it off but sometimes it doesn't give you the zoomed in preview first when tapping on the screen or soft pressing the shutter button.
  • Sometimes, even though the image format has been set to RAW (not JPEG + RAW), I'll still find that a JPG file has been created in the folder. Weird.
  • Often, when I am just about to fly, the screen will say something like "Inconsistent Firmware". I'll ignore it because I'm about to take off, but when I get home, it never comes up again and I can't seem to find any messaging about it and it will show that my firmware is up to date.
I have experienced similar problems with the hot spot issue. And I still do not know why I cannot update the firmware with a strong wifi signal. When I can update it has always been with the hot spot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl