P4P+ or IPad

Reaction score
I have an iPad 2017 WiFi only and thinking of getting the phantom 4 pro plus. I like the 9.7” screen on the iPad but I can’t use follow me mode on the drone with it. The screen on the p4p+ is very good but small and 200 - 300€ more but a lot more convenient and I can use all the modes.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your help.

This video should help you decide if the P4P+ is a good choice for you:

For me, the decision was easy simply because I didn't have an ipad or a tablet that was suitable. I bought the plus version and don't regret it at all. I want something as simple as possible and almost a "closed system" if you will. Yes, a bigger screen would have been nice but to me it isn't essential. I don't plan on running third party apps while I fly so for me it was a good fit.

Since the aircraft are identical and you already have an ipad, you could try the non-plus version and if you don't like it, perhaps get a used plus controller on ebay or something.

Ben: After much thought, we went for the P4P+ last year - for work, not pleasure. And we used it extensively in South Africa's summer sunshine for three months, including for filming/following wild animals which isn't easy. It's been great. Of course, a bigger screen of the same quality would be even better, but the actual compact size has other advantages - as well as the integrated nature of the P4P+.

We work to high standards, so this recommendation isn't written without substance. (The iPad mini alternative that we considered would have been poor by comparison. How do we know this? Because we already had the iPad mini and have compared screens in the South African summer sunshine. They are miles apart.)

Reactions: Timinator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72