P4P on the way- question

Reaction score
New p4p on the way for me. I've kept my air 2 at 9.1 all this time because for my p3a and a bit older rev of go3 everything works perfectly. Is 9.1 too old for the go4 app? I guess I can try and see but I was curious to hear opinions. I've had an almost flawless experience with the p3a at a slightly older firmware than the latest, a bit older go3 app (not seriously old though) and air 2 at 9.1. I've held everything there for two years. I'm hopeful the ios update to 10.xx and the go4 app won't put a hurt on my p3a experience, although I kind of figure that my covenanted p3a may soon sit idle once the p4p hits the sky. And at that point I'll have a hell of a p3a system to consider selling, including so many extras it's amazing, lol.

Is 9.1 too old for the go4 app?
I think it will work. I understand why you want to keep the other craft "as is" with no changes, I've done the same thing. I run Go4 on with 9.2.1 iOS on my Mini2 to fly my Mavic. I also have Go3 on the same device to fly my P3P. If you don't boot both apps at the same time, each will work fine with each generation craft.

For P4P DJI shows this in their spec. You should be good.

upload_2017-6-1_21-59-3.png

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch guys. Looking forward to the P4P experience. Scored this bird from drone nerds and hopeful I got a good one!

I also run an Air 2 for a year and a half now. Two P4's last year and now the P4P. But not sure what happens to your P3A when you update man. But like you said your P3A is prob gonna be on the shelf anyway as your gonna freak at the diff in handling and image quality! Best of luck Shockwave!

Thanks Kev! I'm gonna stick with the ios 9.1 and see how it goes. That way both birds will be happy.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West