P4P+ issues (again)!!

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I haven't used my p4p+ for about two months and in preparation for my upcoming trip (which I'm currently on) I plugged in my phantom to the computer about 2 weeks ago to check for updates and sure enough it required an update so I did them.

Thinking that was it, I have since come away and upon using my drone this morning I noticed constant "strong interference" warnings despite being out in the middle of nowhere in a national park on the coast.

When I landed I went back to the menu on my controller and had a warning - compatibility issue between controller and drone - it asked me if I want to update!.. I swipe update now, and somehow it has gone from 0% up to 100% and apparently completed its update. Except, I have no wifi here and it was certainly not connected to my phones data.

On that point - I can now no longer figure out how to connect this thing to my phone?? Yes I have my hotspot on my phone active (didn't at the time) and I am turning on wifi on the controller but it just stalls saying "Turning wifi on".

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this, or how at least I can get my **** phone connected to this thing?? I'm assuming DJI have done another update in the last two weeks since I did the last one.

I am really getting fed up with this thing it's been nothing but trouble since I purchased it!!!

This is why I don't do updates. I get the same notice with the controller / AC compatibility. I just ignore and move on.

Reactions: Ben01
I can now no longer figure out how to connect this thing to my phone?? Yes I have my hotspot on my phone active (didn't at the time) and I am turning on wifi on the controller but it just stalls saying "Turning wifi on".
Are you able to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network?

If it does not connect to any Wi-Fi networks, then you could try doing a factory reset and then reinstall the current firmware update. To do a factory reset, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the gear icon on the top right, tap "Backup & reset", and tap "Factory data reset".

FWIW, I'm running the latest firmware on my P4P+ remote controller and I'm able to connect it to a hotspot or any other Wi-Fi networks.

Yeah mate connects to home wifi automatically no problems but I'm not currently home I'm out in the middle of nowhere [emoji846]
I have cellular signal on my phone though and when I try hotspot it seems weird it won't let me connect to my phone.

Are you able to try a different phone -- to rule out your phone as the cause?

Hi Ben, tend to agree with you. 6 updates in 2 weeks including the last one that was 855mb done in the field after which the camera picture showed black & white diagonal lines with a shadow of ghost like trees the P4P+ seems to have a few firmware issues. It flies OK LOS, but with no maps or camera for me. I had the maps working once then they failed. On my home WiFi the camera works, but not in the field on my cell. I get a conflict massage with my phone even when I turn my cell phone off completely! I have total confidence that John of DJI Support will resolve it....I'll let you know.

Attachments

• IMG_20170813_190316434_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170813_190316434_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
Hi,newbie here so,wen i get my p4p should i do anything like updating or do u suggest i,don't update and just use straight from box. Thanx colin

It would fly out of the box, but not sure whether you will have a choice on the update. Once the Go 4 is installed and run, it may require it.

I'm not an expert - there are some really good people here to help, but frankly I would update the firmware - or try to. Yes it will fly out of the box but you paid handsomely to have the features their firmware provides with camera, autonomous touch flight patterns, safety etc. If you don't get over these issues now then you will be even more frustrated later. I found my camera diagonal line issue was simply settings which when adjusted brought the camera back into focus. The maps or lack of them is another issue. DJI support can't seem to understand this is a new machine firmware issue not a repair issue. Stay in touch.

Hi Ben, tend to agree with you. 6 updates in 2 weeks including the last one that was 855mb done in the field after which the camera picture showed black & white diagonal lines with a shadow of ghost like trees the P4P+ seems to have a few firmware issues. It flies OK LOS, but with no maps or camera for me. I had the maps working once then they failed. On my home WiFi the camera works, but not in the field on my cell. I get a conflict massage with my phone even when I turn my cell phone off completely! I have total confidence that John of DJI Support will resolve it....I'll let you know.

Hi mate sorry I have not been getting email notifications of these replies (as I usually do??) so assumed I was not getting replies.

The weird thing is mate - my system apparently did an update whilst in the field yet my phone wasn't even connected to it?? So how it was downloading the required data for update only DJI would know because their stuff is so bloody unreliable.

Having read your reply again - I'm struggling to understand why having an internet connection should have anything to do with the BARE operation of your drone. So your camera works inside when connected to your home wifi but when out in the field it doesn't work?? This is absolutely ridiculous - I'm glad I'm not experiencing this issue (yet) and to perfectly honest I'm really nervous about even switching on my drone anywhere near my home network!!!!

I love this drone - but I want it to work. Reliably. Every single time. When you pay the prices for this machine you expect quality - mines been nothing but a bloody nightmare!!

Reactions: AirMan05446
I love this drone - but I want it to work. Reliably. Every single time. When you pay the prices for this machine you expect quality - mines been nothing but a bloody nightmare!!

I hear ya. I've been really thinking hard about opening up a little drone store, but 99% of my time would be trying to get people's DJI's off the ground!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic