P4P Hdmi Module - Aircraft Disconnected

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm having problems with the HDMI module on the P4P. Since fitting it ( I have tried 2 modules, and refitted numerous times) I am having Aircraft Disconnected issues.

Everything connects fine, but after roughly 5 minutes, sometimes more sometimes less, I get the disconnected message. I still have full control of the bird, and sometimes even still have live camera feed but no telemetry.

This only solved by turning everything off and back on again, then the same cycle happens.

I was not prompted for a FW update after fitting the module, I'm using the latest FW for the P4P. Should you always get a prompt to upgrade FW after fitting? Someone said they only got the prompt on IOS, not on Android.

I'm hoping this is just a software issue and can be fixed, as I have bought a field monitor etc, and it's useless without the HDMI module working. I've had to go back to the standard USB module for now.

Any suggestions to try? Anyone else had this issue? The HDMI feed stays on the whole time, just losing the connection between RC and phone/tablet.

Thanks

I'm having the exact same issue. Things aren't right since installing the HDMI module a few days ago. I was not prompted to update or refresh the RC firmware, nor can I downgrade it. Also on Android.

In addition to the Aircraft Disconnected where connection is lost, I'm also getting intermittent "Cannot Take Off", but that may be caused by something else.

I have the hdmi module for my P4 and only had aircraft disconnected once but that was down to my Ipad 4 battery being at 5% and throwing a warning up and disconnecting services.
I had more disconnections without the module.

I was trying out my DJI Goggles with the HDMI module yesterday and it worked fine for a while.... Now, every time I turn on the Goggles, I get "Aircraft Disconnected" from my iPhone and don't even get the image in the goggles. I turn off the goggles, and it reconnects in a few seconds. Same exact thing happens with my Avegant Glyph. All firmware is up to date. Tried new cables, same issue. Even re-installed the module to reseat the connections. I suspect the HDMI module itself may have died.

Has anyone solved this issue? I am haveing the same issue. Aircraft disconnects as soon as HDMI is plugged in..

Has anyone solved this issue? I am haveing the same issue. Aircraft disconnects as soon as HDMI is plugged in..

I know this is a old post but I just tried to install and use the HDMI Module on my P4P and got the exact same issues, updated controller, goggles. Reinstalled GO4 App, rechecked connections several times. Even did a refresh thru DJI Asst. No luck so I'm sending back the module [emoji853]

I did just that and discovered that the problem did not go away. Tried multiple modules same result. Bought a second hand, older controller. Worked f8ne first time with the module.
I had even sent it back to DJI with no better result.
I wish you luck, there is no quick fix.

Please any new help with this problem
What device and drone,I remember when I was setting up with just p4 and just using goggles but wanted tablet display aswell,somewhere in settings,can't remember if on device or goggle setting but could be set to display hdmi and dji app,mayby that why it's disconnecting, I see If I can find it

What device and drone,I remember when I was setting up with just p4 and just using goggles but wanted tablet display aswell,somewhere in settings,can't remember if on device or goggle setting but could be set to display hdmi and dji app,mayby that why it's disconnecting, I see If I can find it
Thanks for the reply
I am asking for the RC not connecting to my phone when hdmi module is installed when removed it works fine I have tried three modules and same problem

1521928561942-1928842422.jpg
Thanks for the reply
I am asking for the RC not connecting to my phone when hdmi module is installed when removed it works fine I have tried three modules and same problem
Ah see sorry Yeh that weird one,were all the hdmi modules the same,which remote you got..module on left is what I fit to my p4,on right original,,that why I ask which phantom,
Screenshot_20180325-105013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
14# This is from a person the the DJI Forum Mecanique62 2 that posted this. I also installed a HMDI on my P4P and was having the same issues but this made mine work as well. I have flowen several times since then without any issues. ( No more disconnects and GO4 app blacking out)
From Mecanique62 2
OK, I finally fix it today. I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good. I Hope this might help the rest of you. Thanks for all the help. Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20