P4P Gimbal issue

Reaction score
I turned on my Phantom 4 Pro last night and noticed I had a "gimbal pitch reached maximum limit" error on the screen. I tried rebooting the remote & drone both, even let the drone cool down - but it kept showing the error.

I did some research and did an IMU calibration, twice. It helped center the camera, but now it shows a "gimbal roll reached maximum limit" error. It's worth mentioning that the gimbal is unresponsive via the wheel on the remote. Whether you try to move up, down or even use the C2 button and the right wheel to adjust horizon - the gimbal will not move.

I used Assistant 2 to reset factory settings, but there was no change. I downgraded to previous firmware, but there was no change. I updated again to current firmware, but there was no change. I tried gimbal calibration but it freezes at 5%.

When you boot the P4P up, the gimbal centers, and the camera tilts up.. and stays up. It doesn't do the normal up/down dance like they usually do. As you can see in the video, the gimbal stays centered - but the camera moves freely with no attempt to correct.

*The drone hasn't been crashed. This was maybe its 7th flight, and it's in smart mode (I've not left smart mode yet, as I'm still learning). My last flight, last Saturday, worked perfectly.

I turned on my Phantom 4 Pro last night and noticed I had a "gimbal pitch reached maximum limit" error on the screen. I tried rebooting the remote & drone both, even let the drone cool down - but it kept showing the error.

I did some research and did an IMU calibration, twice. It helped center the camera, but now it shows a "gimbal roll reached maximum limit" error. It's worth mentioning that the gimbal is unresponsive via the wheel on the remote. Whether you try to move up, down or even use the C2 button and the right wheel to adjust horizon - the gimbal will not move.

I used Assistant 2 to reset factory settings, but there was no change. I downgraded to previous firmware, but there was no change. I updated again to current firmware, but there was no change. I tried gimbal calibration but it freezes at 5%.

When you boot the P4P up, the gimbal centers, and the camera tilts up.. and stays up. It doesn't do the normal up/down dance like they usually do. As you can see in the video, the gimbal stays centered - but the camera moves freely with no attempt to correct.

*The drone hasn't been crashed. This was maybe its 7th flight, and it's in smart mode (I've not left smart mode yet, as I'm still learning). My last flight, last Saturday, worked perfectly.

Did you ever get your gimbal to respond? I flew this morning and everything was ok. Went to a different location to fly a couple hours later and am getting the exact same issue as in your video. No crashes, hard landings, etc. Just won't do the start-up routine and does not respond to any gimbal control commands.

Did you ever get your gimbal to respond? I flew this morning and everything was ok. Went to a different location to fly a couple hours later and am getting the exact same issue as in your video. No crashes, hard landings, etc. Just won't do the start-up routine and does not respond to any gimbal control commands.

I wound up doing a firmware upgrade to the bird, RC, and batteries. The gimbal start-up routine has been restored. Will try flying tomorrow. I still don't understand why the gimbal flaked out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart