P4P gimbal and camera

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this (never really posted before) but I am having a massive issue with my phantom 4 pro,
When I turn the drone on it starts fine but the gimbal is turned slightly to the left but.... when ever I try to switch to the video the whole screen glitches (but I also have tried taking a video and a picture and it is the same so not just the screen) I attached a video showing what is going on, any help would be appreciated, everything is up to date

Reactions: Capt KO
? That's a new one for me. Any hard bumps or crashes that may have loosened or damaged the ribbon cable?

Reactions: Oso
Hello everyone I am new to this (never really posted before) but I am having a massive issue with my phantom 4 pro,
When I turn the drone on it starts fine but the gimbal is turned slightly to the left but.... when ever I try to switch to the video the whole screen glitches (but I also have tried taking a video and a picture and it is the same so not just the screen) I attached a video showing what is going on, any help would be appreciated, everything is up to date

I would also suspect the ribbon cable, if you still have warranty send it in to DJI.

? That's a new one for me. Any hard bumps or crashes that may have loosened or damaged the ribbon cable?
No it just started doing it? Also don’t have warranty anymore also have taken the gimbal off and checked the cables everything is attached properly

No it just started doing it? Also don’t have warranty anymore also have taken the gimbal off and checked the cables everything is attached properly

Not quite so fast. OBSP is spot on. The one weakness the P4s are the ribbon cables. They may look PERFECT. HOWEVER, one microscopic tear and you are done. Game over in so far as the ribbon cable.

Now that you have taken the gimbal off etc you may have damaged it further. Not saying its damaged but you may have trying to fix something. Ask me how I know this. LOL I did what you did and kicked myself.

Here is what I would do. I would check your sensors out of the way of anything magnetic. Check your IMU and your Compass for starters. If they are good to go, then perform a Automated Gimbal Adjustment.

THEN, if all is good to go, I would get out into the countryside FAR away from ANY WiFi!! Any. Launch the bird and see if you get the same problem. I am suspecting WiFi interference.
If all is well and you have no problems then great! The problem is too much WiFi where you were trying to fly. If you are still having a little glitchyness then go into HD and change the setting to 2.4 instead of 5.8. 5.8 is better used when you are in some heavier interference areas. Not a fix but its a better setting. When you out in the country 2.4 is better for HD for distance.

IF ALL THAT DOES NOT FIX the problem do as OBSP is suggesting. Send your bird in. Trust me. Working on them yourself unless its minor and make a bad problem into an expensive nightmare. Unless you have been to repair school by DJI, I would spend the couple of hundo to let them fix it. My birds have come back in GREAT condition.

Hope that all helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik