P4P doesn't work well and facing sideward after replacing some components

Reaction score
I crashed the drone and gimbal got structural damage. So I decided to repair it, however I have come across this problem that I can't solve. :confused:

The 1st thing I did was to mount the whole gimbal mechanism from other good P4P (only red part at the image) to quickly discard if there was a critical problem with the gimbal's main board (green part)
gimbal.jpg

This way I could confirm that green part was working okay with other good gimbal. And the problem would be in the mechanism (red)

Then, what I have done so far is:
Replace the yaw arm
Change the ribbon cable
Change roll and yaw motor keeping the original caps.
Calibrate the gimbal from the app, both in normal position and with the drone pointing upwards

But I can't get the gimbal to work properly.

What else could be? Check out the video ⬇

P4P and App warnings VIDEO

Attachments

• gimbal.jpg
    gimbal.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 224
.....................……Calibrate the gimbal from the app, both in normal position and with the drone pointing upwards
Don’t think I’ve read about calibration in an upward position. Is this something that is recommended?

Also, I have read that the behavior yours is showing in the video (pointing left) usually happens after a yaw motor change WITHOUT using the cap off the old motor. You mentioned the old caps were used. May require professional help at this point. Best of luck. Let us know if you get it figured out.

Just re-read your post. You mentioned you originally changed the lower gimbal assembly (good one from other P4) but kept the the logic board (green part). My guess is that could be part of the problem. The way I understand it.. When DJI originally assembles these, the motors are calibrated and timed and that info is stored. Where it gets stored, who knows. It was started with a mix match of new gimbal motors and original logic boards. That is why it's recommended to use the old motor caps when installing new motors. System may be a bit confused now.

Last edited:
from what i know the yaw motor and cap and board are tied together at production and need to be swapped as one unit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj