P4P after a week

Reaction score
P4P is awesome in every way, the sensors that protect me from bad piloting... the amazing camera even in low light... but... isn't there always one? The size! One of the issues I have been investigating is how to transport this awesome piece of equipment on a plane without having to check it in. There are a number of awesome cases that are "hand carry" on board, but only if you are in a regular size plane. If you are in a commuter jet like an ERJ it would not fit in the seat in front of you. I'm in the market where most of the planes are ERJ type planes. Does anyone have any bag solutions? Or should I just get the Mavic Pro?

I use a Nanuk case and I think they're the best in the world. Google Nanuk hard cases and you'll find them. Here's the owner's name. David Couillard and here's his WebSite: NANUK™ Hard Cases Ships All Over Canada

Contact him direct and tell him Bud sent ya? Nope, I don't get any commission.

Bud

P4P is awesome in every way, the sensors that protect me from bad piloting... the amazing camera even in low light... but... isn't there always one? The size! One of the issues I have been investigating is how to transport this awesome piece of equipment on a plane without having to check it in. There are a number of awesome cases that are "hand carry" on board, but only if you are in a regular size plane. If you are in a commuter jet like an ERJ it would not fit in the seat in front of you. I'm in the market where most of the planes are ERJ type planes. Does anyone have any bag solutions? Or should I just get the Mavic Pro?

Reactions: AwesoM
There's an interesting case being released soon by Incase. I saw it at CES last week. One version sports a single shoulder strap so you can throw it over one shoulder, which is how I carry mine about 80% of the time. However this wouldn't be ideal for long hikes.

Anyone know if the gray box can be carried on with the batteries?
You can carry on as many 100 watt-hour or less (which includes the P4P hi-cap) batteries on board as you like, as long as they are for 'personal' use (includes professional use.) I'd keep it under a dozen though ;)

I just bought the polar pro drone trekker for my P4P. Haven't really tried it out yet but will tomorrow

I looked online at a bunch and I thought this one had the best room, protection, and compact size for the buck. It's only about 1.5" deeper than the oigo backpack I always carry while traveling.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just bought the polar pro drone trekker for my P4P. Haven't really tried it out yet but will tomorrow

I looked online at a bunch and I thought this one had the best room, protection, and compact size for the buck. It's only about 1.5" deeper than the oigo backpack I always carry while traveling.

I love my Drone Trekker.

Does it fit the seat in front of you on a plane?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj