P4 updates

Reaction score
Hello guys, I’ve been away from flying due to medical and family issues and I know my P4 needs updating. Is the newest updates worth doing or should I stay away from them? I will have to look and see my last update but not sure if I need to update, any info would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: Norval
Generally speaking you don’t need to update the firmware if the aircraft is working fine. If it’s not broke, don’t need a fix.

Just check your batteries, if its been a while and you should be good!

Definitely don't update. Switch to Litchi and forget about ever being reminded to update from DJI! I swapped 16 months ago and have made it fine.

Good luck and welcome back to flying!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: ETC
While firmware updates are certainly optional, can any of you fill the OP in on why he shouldn't install the current P4 firmware? Have any of you installed the current P4 firmware and experienced issues?

What i have read the latest update for the P4 seems good, fixes stability issues with 02.00.0106 version.

Definitely don't update. Switch to Litchi and forget about ever being reminded to update from DJI! I swapped 16 months ago and have made it fine.

Good luck and welcome back to flying!
Jim
WA5TEF

Can you use Litchi with P4P + model?

What i have read the latest update for the P4 seems good, fixes stability issues with 02.00.0106 version.
Have to ageee with the latest FW upgrade with respect to the AC being more stable. I burned three batteries testing the upgrade and it appears to fly better than ever. There may have been some issues with the previous FW, who knows, but I’m a fan of upgrades once I wait for the dust to settle on others experiences.

Can you use Litchi with P4P + model?
Yes i used it on my P3 and P4 now on my P4A and Mavic. I never use the go app as Litchi will do it all and then some and does not constantly bug for updates. I find it really stable especially with the googles and Ipad mini2. I prefer androids but dji is geared for IOS so I use the mini only for dji products.

Can you please explain how you were able to download Litchi to the P4Pro +?

Thanks

Bud

Yes i used it on my P3 and P4 now on my P4A and Mavic. I never use the go app as Litchi will do it all and then some and does not constantly bug for updates. I find it really stable especially with the googles and Ipad mini2. I prefer androids but dji is geared for IOS so I use the mini only for dji products.

Download litchi app to your tablet or phone, there is a one time charge however it's well worth it. On your computer goto Mission Hub - Litchi

Create an account and setup a mission, when you open the app on your mobile device and login the mission will just show up in the litchi app. Or you can free fly using the litchi app just as you would the djigo app.

But why would you be using a tablet or phone with a P4P+? Are you just using the Crystal Sky as an external monitor some how?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic