P4 Sensor Calibration Issues

Reaction score
Hi,

ON my DJI Go App it tells me that I have several sensor issues. (see pic) When I go to try and calibrate the using the DJI assistant it goes through the tutorial and tells me "incorrect alignment method" and the Start Calibration button is always greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Bill

Attachments

• 16105528_1115718691868238_7197350156741411878_n.jpg
    16105528_1115718691868238_7197350156741411878_n.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 708
  • 15871612_1109961989110575_8062270392084420300_n.jpg
    15871612_1109961989110575_8062270392084420300_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,905
Windows or Mac?

Assistant2 can be finicky.

Try re installing Assistant2 with firewalls turned off.
Check that you have drivers in Device manager with the A/C connected.

Try loading software onto another machine.

Thanks for the reply Rob.

Not back home until the weekend when I will try your suggestions.
I am trying to do this on my MAC Pro but I also have a MacBook and a windows laptop.

I updated the firmware on the S/C when I got it so I presume the Assistant 2 was working at that point.
Must admit I'm getting very frustrated with all the faffing about setting these things up. Nothing seems to be easy.

I'll let you know how I get on.

thanks again

Bill

Reactions: Rob in Sydney.
Try Assistant 2 on the MacBook laptop using V1.0.9. None of my windows machines worked, but my MacBook Air worked using V1.0.9. Good luck

Try Assistant 2 on the MacBook laptop using V1.0.9. None of my windows machines worked, but my MacBook Air worked using V1.0.9. Good luck
Thanks Echopiece, I'll be trying it out when I'm home at the weekend.

Bill

Just to point out, the incorrect alignment method is just an example, it's part of the tutorial. After the alignment is done, if it tells you that it is transferring to the aircraft, then the alignment has been successful.

Sent from my A0001 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to point out, the incorrect alignment method is just an example, it's part of the tutorial. After the alignment is done, if it tells you that it is transferring to the aircraft, then the alignment has been successful.

Sent from my A0001 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks Ken,
When I get to that screen of the tutorial, I can't go any further. The start calibration button is greyed out and I can only go back through the previous screens of the tutorial. Even if I tick the "don't show tutorial" it still plays. I'll have a go at reloading the assistant at the weekend.
Thanks for the responses.

Bill

Update to the saga,
On Friday I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 to my MacBook pro with the same results. After 2 hours of trying everything (including removing the SD card - well????) I uninstalled the app and downloaded again. Would you believe it, it allowed my to calibrate the sensors. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went out next day switched everything on and it tells me sensors need calibrating etc, etc, etc.
Decided to fly it anyway as it was such a nice day and it was clear of any obstacles and low and behold, looks like my SD card popped out over the harbour mouth.
I am getting really sick of fighting with this baby every time. Surely it can't be this difficult.

Unhappy flyer!!!!!!

Reactions: Rob in Sydney.
It is very very important when calibrating not to move the craft side to side or up and down or in and out from the screen. Hold the craft's sensors (2 cameras) in the center of the screen, you will be asked to align the square sizes by backing out from the screen, once you are good you will be asked to follow the dots. ONLY move the bird on it's central axis, that means only point the craft in order to follow the dots, the craft must remain stationary in front of your screen. Do the same sideways. Have fun!

I'll run through the OAS and VP camera calibration, make and post a video later today.

It is very very important when calibrating not to move the craft side to side or up and down or in and out from the screen. Hold the craft's sensors (2 cameras) in the center of the screen, you will be asked to align the square sizes by backing out from the screen, once you are good you will be asked to follow the dots. ONLY move the bird on it's central axis, that means only point the craft in order to follow the dots, the craft must remain stationary in front of your screen. Do the same sideways. Have fun!
How on earth do I get to that tutorial? I have had a lot of problems finding downloads and trouble-shooting for my P4P+. Thank goodness for this site!

ON my DJI Go App it tells me that I have several sensor issues. (see pic) When I go to try and calibrate the using the DJI assistant it goes through the tutorial and tells me "incorrect alignment method" and the Start Calibration button is always greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

Bill, I have exactly the same problem. But on mavic pro. How did you solve this problem?
I tried to reinstall the program (assistant 2), changed computers and cables, upgraded and downgraded the firmware and etc. But nothing helped.

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Bill

Hi Bill,

On May 11, 2017, I posted about this same issue with my P4 here: Multiple VPS errors

I was getting exactly the same error messages that you are getting on that screen shot. I tried calibrating the sensors (which sometimes worked and sometimes did not), refreshing to factory default settings, and reloading the latest firmware. None of this helped. If the copter sat turned on for a minute or so, a restart when it was warmed up would clear the issue, but once it cooled down again, the same errors reappeared.

Another odd symptom of whatever was going on was during shutdown if it was showing these errors. The shutdown would hang for about 8 seconds during which time the green LED around the battery-button would flash green, and then it would shut down. If it was warmed up and not showing the errors, it would shut down normally. Are you noticing these same symptoms? I'm wondering if there is something new occurring with the P4 that will effect a lot of other folks as well.

Anyway, I ended up sending my system back to DJI Repair in CA, and so far, the process has been very good. I know some folks have had less than good experiences with DJI Support, but I have no complaints.

Ok,here we go.I smacked up my bird recently.Anyway I sent it to a highly recommended dealer repair.Had 2 motors replaced plus upper and lower shell.Got it back in a reasonable time and what I considered a fair price.Cranked it up and noticed the forward sensors were showing 2 ft to 23 feet depending what direction I was facing.Well I went to calibrate them and in the lower left corner it shows the left and right sensors and what they see.The left one looked foggy the right crystal clear.Anyway it would not show the lines to line up and it said it was not receiving a signal.Do I have a bad left sensor? Please help.
Thanks,Hawkwind

By the way,in reference to my last post I also have a p4p and it tested out perfect when I calibrated the sensors.

How on earth do I get to that tutorial? I have had a lot of problems finding downloads and trouble-shooting for my P4P+. Thank goodness for this site!

Hi Winston!

Are you really 74 years old? If so kudos for dealing with such modern technology and welcome to this forum, this is really impressive. Will always remind my father looking after my credit card and saying: "How they know it's really you?"

Sorry for diversion guys!

Bill, I have exactly the same problem. But on mavic pro. How did you solve this problem?
I tried to reinstall the program (assistant 2), changed computers and cables, upgraded and downgraded the firmware and etc. But nothing helped.
Hi and sorry for the delay.
Truth is I never really solved it. Only once did I get my p4 to actually go through the sensor calibration as above. Next morning before first flight it said sensors needed checking again.
I just fly it with the errors now.
To be honest I find the whole drone thing too much hassle. I spent so much time getting it updated/calibrated before each flight that I'd lost the will to live by the time it was in the air for all of 20 minutes.
Thinking of selling it now.

Good luck with yours.

Bill

There is clearly no point re-calibrating every flight or so (I never do until travelling to other countries and mainly about magnetic north change) so my guess is that it's being detected abnormal values from sensors so possible hardware issue.

Hi Bill,

As I said above, I had the exact same issue as you with my P4, and I decided that it was not something that could be fixed with firmware updates or calibrations. I'm guessing it is an issue with the VPS module itself, but I was not interested in opening the copter up, as I wouldn't really have known exactly what to do next... So, I ended up sending it back to DJI for repair, and it was deemed covered under warranty. Based on their online repair progress, it looks like it will be shipping out today or Monday, and I hope to have it back next week.

I understand your frustration regarding the issues that you have been experiencing, but unfortunately, that is part of the deal when it comes to this technology. It is very complex with a lot of 'moving parts'. That said, it is fairly reliable considering all of these moving parts, and should you decide to have it repaired / replaced, I think you would find it to be a very interesting hobby when everything is working as it should.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Bill, Don't sell man,you'll regret it. You know you love to fly. Hang in there. I had the same screen this morning you had on my P4P and I put it on level ground and it read correctly and flew like a HAWK in the wind. Do what you gotta do.

Reactions: w11buc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj