P4 remote and battery stress cracks

Reaction score
Well it appears I've been struck by the stress crack syndrome but not on the bird instead my rc and one battery have cracks where the l.e.d.s light up on each.
Is anyone else unfortunate enuf to experience this and do you think
Dji will replace them.
Only thing I would have to make the rc stock again since I have done an antenna mod......right?
ef04cd4c0fe1b463ae60bcf76bd39278.jpg
c92eaf2db7ef9154522f6050ded08fd7.jpg
d172a347849ffcbba27fb40cab794b87.jpg

Last edited:
Well it appears I've been struck by the stress crack syndrome but not on the bird instead my rc and one battery have cracks where the l.e.d.s light up on each.
Is anyone else unfortunate enuf to experience this and do you think
Dji will replace them.
Only thing I would have to make the rc stock again since I have done an antenna mod......right?
ef04cd4c0fe1b463ae60bcf76bd39278.jpg
c92eaf2db7ef9154522f6050ded08fd7.jpg
d172a347849ffcbba27fb40cab794b87.jpg
Was the remote dropped?

I would open the rc to see if battery has swollen causing crack, if so replace battery and keep and eye on that one in case the rc has a faulty charging circuit

Reactions: JohnnyD913
The battery inside wouldn't cause that IMO. The area behind the LEDs is a void. The battery compartment starts about .5" above the bottom of the RC case, from my recollection. I don't think you'll find anything related to the battery. But if you have left your RC in your car on a hot day to roast and heat up to 130+ degrees several times, swollen batteries can occur. However I just don't think a swollen battery would cause that anyway, given the location.

Beware, if you open up the case, DJI will know it. It will be apparent the rubber grips on the back were removed once, so if you wanted to send it in for warranty replacement, they would likely deny it on the basis you've opened the RC case. I suggest the first thing you do is send a photo to DJI and ask them what they think and why it cracked, making it clear the RC has never been dropped, and these cracks have grown over a specified length of time. They might replace it.

And by the way, 1.4.1 RC firmware does work with 1.3.0509 craft firmware, in case you were wondering......because if they do exchange it you will get 1.4.1 RC firmware, most likely.

Plus the rc has been modded so it will be void anyway. Go and have a look buddy inside it and uploads some pics

Looks like tomorrow I'm going back into the rc.
The first time was to do mods for antenna.
I know it wasn't cracked during the disassembly/assembly of the remote.
I think Mr. Locke is correct about not being battery related.
I'm going to find out what it is or at least maybe get a better idea by going into controller.
While its open I'm gonna use some type of epoxy or resin for plastic to add strength from the inside.
It won't make the outside of the controller look like Frankensteins face.
Thank u all for your suggestions

Don't worry about the cracks, just cosmetic, people will think this guy has been to hell and back with his drone

Lmao!
Well ussvertigo ur right! Its only cosmetic.
Looks like me all scarred up beat but still got
What it takes:) we r rugged.
We haven't crashed in 81 flights ( knock on wood)
But we have had our issues. Things are actually going well with new firmware.
Thanks JohnnnyD913

I know this post comes almost a year later BUT, I have just pulled my Phantom Professional RC out of its case (which was stored under ideal conditions), and it just split in half. the RETURN HOME button is loose, and there are a whole lot of stress cracks on the screw posts (See images).
I believe DJI selected a weak plastic material to manufacture their parts, (I also found a stress crack on one of the Drone arms).
Too late for the warranty to cover it so, replacing the case is my best option.

Just an FYI

Attachments

• IMG-4183.JPG
    IMG-4183.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG-4182.JPG
    IMG-4182.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG-4181.JPG
    IMG-4181.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG-4180.JPG