P4 Pro repairs

Reaction score
I tried to contact Drone World by phone per the number on their website and got the message “this number is not set up to take message”. What is that all about?
Anyway, I tried to replace the landing gear/antennas on my P4 Pro and my fumble fingers and poor eyesight will not let that happen.
Does anyone know of some place I can get it repaired? Help!
Eddie Ratcliffe. [email protected]

Reactions: D D S
DJI Drone Service did a complete ReBuild for me on a P4.

They offer FREE shipping and FREE estimates.

They are 2nd to none IMHO.

Allen

I'll be following this to see how the repair turns out. I crashed my phantom a few months ago and I'm not sure if I want to repair it or just sell the accessories, chargers, controllers, etc. I have already replaced it with a Mavic 2Pro

Reactions: BigAl07 and D D S
Sent my P4 Pro to DDS to replace the landing gear as my eyesight and fat fingers would not let me gitter done. Also a tuneup as I was getting green/black screen blackouts. I’ll post the turnout here for the rest of you.

Reactions: D D S and BigAl07
Got the message that my gimbal was broken and it would cost $840 to repair!! The gimbal wasn’t broken when I shipped it to them and it had both foam rubber supports in place. All I sent it for was to have the landing gear replaced. I ended up doing the replacement from watching a YouTube article and the gimbal worked just fine.
My advise to all is take lots of pictures before you send anything in for repairs. Lots!!

So @D D S quoted you to repair the gimbal and it wasn't' broken? Or did I miss something?

The gimbal was NOT broken when it was placed in the shipping carton that it originally came in. The gimbal had the foam rubber braces installed as it always has when not being flown.
The landing gear was NOT replaced which is what I sent it in for in the first place.

The gimbal was NOT broken when it was placed in the shipping carton that it originally came in. The gimbal had the foam rubber braces installed as it always has when not being flown.
The landing gear was NOT replaced which is what I sent it in for in the first place.
So when you sent the drone there was no indication of any gimbal issues

During inspection the gimbal was stuck down and wouldn't calibrate..We offered a gimbal swap...you declined so we sent you back the drone. We could've just fixed the landing gear but you also declined that so we sent it back to you. (as per policy free shipping both ways)
glad its working
BTW your video still cutting out on you?

Reactions: BigAl07
I haven’t flown it since replacing the landing gear so I don’t know about the video. It’s Christmas time and I’ve got much bigger fish to fry for now and besides, I have a P4 Falcon Edition to use for now.

Reactions: BigAl07 and D D S
I’m beginning to wonder if the foam supports on the gimbal were not removed before inspection? I’ve forgotten to remove them before starting a flight myself.

I haven’t flown it since replacing the landing gear so I don’t know about the video. It’s Christmas time and I’ve got much bigger fish to fry for now and besides, I have a P4 Falcon Edition to use for now.
Our DJI Certified techs inspected your gimbal and determined it's defective.
Got the message that my gimbal was broken and it would cost $840 to repair!! The gimbal wasn’t broken when I shipped it to them and it had both foam rubber supports in place. All I sent it for was to have the landing gear replaced. I ended up doing the replacement from watching a YouTube article and the gimbal worked just fine.
My advise to all is take lots of pictures before you send anything in for repairs. Lots!!
Was under the impression you fixed it from a YT video.....Apparently it worked fine but you didnt test it....

Bright Side- didn't cost you 1 penny and you have another bird to play w/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic