P4 or p5

Reaction score
So I’m looking at getting a beginner drone under 500 dollars and I know that the p3s is a great option. However when the p5 is supposed to release this fall (most likely) will the price of the base p4 be sub 600-500 dollars. I’m just trying to figure out if it would be worth the wait.

Thanks

Get a refurbished p3s... This is the best beginner drone and have an excellent camera. I have my standard since January and I am very pleased with the overall quality.

Few hundreds don't matter much, go for the model you live to have. P4 is far superior than P3S.

Do we know for a fact that there will even BE a Phantom 5?

So I’m looking at getting a beginner drone under 500 dollars and I know that the p3s is a great option. However when the p5 is supposed to release this fall (most likely) will the price of the base p4 be sub 600-500 dollars. I’m just trying to figure out if it would be worth the wait.
The P3 Standard is very old tech and has been left behind by the models that followed.
Although you might read things like the p5 is supposed to release this fall, no-one has any idea at all when the next Phantom will arrive.
We can be fairly sure that it will be about the same price or maybe more than the P4 pro which would put it well above your price range.
DJI are good at surprising us but they might be running out of big changes in drone technology so perhaps the P5 will only be a little better than the P4 series - like the original P4 was only a little advanced from the P3 pro.
If you are looking for a good cheap drone, the P3 pro and Advanced offer the best drone for the smallest investment.

Reactions: Phill2
If you are looking for a good cheap drone, the P3 pro and Advanced offer the best drone for the smallest investment.
A refurbished Advanced in amazon is around $639.... $40 over his target price but I believe it worthy that investment for what you get instead of a standard.

Reactions: Phill2
The P3 Standard is very old tech and has been left behind by the models that followed.
Although you might read things like the p5 is supposed to release this fall, no-one has any idea at all when the next Phantom will arrive.
We can be fairly sure that it will be about the same price or maybe more than the P4 pro which would put it well above your price range.
DJI are good at surprising us but they might be running out of big changes in drone technology so perhaps the P5 will only be a little better than the P4 series - like the original P4 was only a little advanced from the P3 pro.

My vote goes to the refurb P3P

Reactions: John Locke
I bought my first drone three months ago.
It's used, one year old P4, which flew no more than 2 hrs - yes TWO hours.
This P4 is still under warranty.
Price of new P4 here in Poland is about 4100PLN (~1100USD), I bought used P4 with two additional batteries (each battery was charged 2x) and genuine DJI battery hub for 3600PLN (~950USD).

I agree, Lightbridge is what makes DJI so great IMO. The P3S has plain old Wifi communications like all the other drone manufactures use, which has a very limited range. My P3P will go over 2mi with windsurfer, and P3A's will do that too.

I agree, Lightbridge is what makes DJI so great IMO. The P3S has plain old Wifi communications like all the other drone manufactures use, which has a very limited range. My P3P will go over 2mi with windsurfer, and P3A's will do that too.
Mine will do that stock with no interference.

Go for the P3A as it uses light bridge and 2.4K is more then enough for excellent quality. I had the standard and got pissed as it couldn't fly more then 60 meters without losing signal as the WiFi was clashing with everyone's WiFi. The light bridge makes a massive difference. That's my experience anyway.

To my knowledge, there is no imminent release date for a P5.

If you're looking to fly VLOS, the P3S is a solid bird. Yes, it's older tech, but it's still pretty amazing. The biggest drawback is pure WIFI transmission vs Lightbridge. If you're not looking for long distance flight and don't fly in super congested areas, it's probably not a deal breaker. I've never had any real problems flying VLOS with mine.

If you want to wait, I'd hold out for holiday deals.

To my knowledge, there is no imminent release date for a P5.

If you're looking to fly VLOS, the P3S is a solid bird. Yes, it's older tech, but it's still pretty amazing. The biggest drawback is pure WIFI transmission vs Lightbridge. If you're not looking for long distance flight and don't fly in super congested areas, it's probably not a deal breaker. I've never had any real problems flying VLOS with mine.

If you want to wait, I'd hold out for holiday deals.

I think that’s what I’ll do thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT