P4 initiated auto-landing, why?

Reaction score
Flew with Phantom 4 yesterday, flying in ATTI mode mostly. At 87% log shows auto-landing because of no-fly zone. It was not no-fly zone, only authorization zone. This auto-landing could not be canceled. Do someone know why?

Here is log: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Flew with Phantom 4 yesterday, flying in ATTI mode mostly. At 87% log shows auto-landing because of no-fly zone. It was not no-fly zone, only authorization zone. This auto-landing could not be canceled. Do someone know why?

Here is log: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I am by no means an expert. but at 2:14 I see You are in a no-fly zone. Auto-landing Initiated that initiated the auto-land.
@Meta4 knows a lot about this and perhaps will chime in. Good luck

I am by no means an expert. but at 2:14 I see You are in a no-fly zone. Auto-landing Initiated that initiated the auto-land.
@Meta4 knows a lot about this and perhaps will chime in. Good luck
What surprises me is the fact it initiated auto-landing out of nowhere. Whole flight was in area of 30 metres that is not in different zones. If I cant fly there, ok, dont allow it to take off or enter the zone. But being in tight space under bridge with wild ATTI mode with turned off sensors and auto-landing decides to do its thing..... not nice.

Reactions: Harleydude
It's not completely clear, but seems to be related to flying without good GPS location data.
The boundary of the NFZ shown in DJI mapping was about 500 metres from where you launched.
With a low number of satellites the drone would have had some approximate (but inaccurate) location data.

i-bsqN7f3-L.jpg

With a low number of satellites the drone would have had some approximate (but inaccurate) location data.

i-bsqN7f3-L.jpg
Totally agree with that likely scenario. If the drone suddenly thought it was flying inside of a no-fly zone, I believe it would initiate auto-landing. Probably lucky it didn't just shut down the motors while in mid-flight.

Reactions: Simptonym
Totally agree with that likely scenario. If the drone suddenly thought it was flying inside of a no-fly zone, I believe it would initiate auto-landing. Probably lucky it didn't just shut down the motors while in mid-air.
Yeah, this was probably the case. Thanks for help.

Reactions: GFields
This from DJI's website:

What happens if you fly into a no fly zone DJI?

DJI UAVs cannot takeoff in Restricted Zones. When a UAV flies near the boundary of a Restricted Zone, it will automatically decelerate and hover in place. If it flies into a Restricted Zone without a GPS signal, it will automatically land once it regains a GPS signal.

Reactions: Simptonym

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1