P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Had the 32 channel hack on the GO app and it does not work on the GO 4 app. Any suggestions. I tried to load it in but it does not work.

You should be seeing the precision landing buttons in the Go app 4 for the P4. Operates just like the P4P. Flew yesterday to check and it works very well.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Ok now I'm a little pissed! Went out tonight to shoot fireworks & the freakin video feed kept dropping! Every 15-20 seconds. 200' straight up. Each time the feed dropped the quad would turn left out of a hover. Had to keep re adjusting to get my shot.

Re link remote buddy

So did a little test flight yesterday evening, and everything went fine, but i was getting and "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", which seemed odd, bc i calibrated it already. so i restarted the bird, which was sitting on a picnic table, and the same error appeared way with all 4 LEDs lit up red. I moved the bird to the ground, and then restarted it again, and it gave me the error again, but then it went away and gave me the good to go......not sure if this is some sort of bug or not....has anyone else seen this behavior after the firmware upgrade???
I've seen problems launching from tables before. I believe it's the metal in the table. My table was plastic with lots of metal. When I moved the craft to the ground it was fine. However, mine exhibited a compass error, not IMU. Might be unrelated.

My P4 is still very unstable in the air. It's very "nervous" even in stright line fly. It flies with maximum speed ~8kmph in P-mode. Maybe it stucks in tripod mode?
I can't downgrade firmware. I don't know what to do.
I'm very dissapointed after upgrade.

Reactions: Gary Kinsey
My P4 is still very unstable in the air. It's very "nervous" even in stright line fly. It flies with maximum speed ~8kmph in P-mode. Maybe it stucks in tripod mode?
I can't downgrade firmware. I don't know what to do.
I'm very dissapointed after upgrade.
Sorry to hear about all these problems, but this is exactly why you should NEVER UPGRADE until:
1. The software has be fully vetted by this forum.
2. There's a compelling reason to upgrade.
3. You don't have an important shoot in the next week.

Thanks for that John.
Over in the uk and the enthusiasm for drones isn't that good so it's good to get some good knowledge

Sorry to hear about all these problems, but this is exactly why you should NEVER UPGRADE until:
1. The software has be fully vetted by this forum.
Yes, you're right.
2. There's a compelling reason to upgrade.
I wanted to try Tripod mode. It seems to be very useful for me.
3. You don't have an important shoot in the next week.
Yes' you're rigtht again.

Anybody knows how to downgrade?

Updated on 7/6
Bird now disconnects camera recording in flight, swings camera left and right, yet is still controlable and can see through camera, hovers in calm air like it was in 20 mph gusts. Wanders as much as 3 teet off, when prior to update was steady wihtin centimeters. Now it acts like a junkie overdue for a fix. I've been flying for 2 years, lost 2 P3A's both after firmware updates with issues. Prior to this update there was no problem whatever. Bird flew perfectly, camera was perfect. Have reinstalled firmware, recalibraed IMU, compass. Contacted DJI support was told to do everything I had already done, a few things that made no sense, and during chat, the bright one asked me to connect to the internet. I noted that I was talking to him on chat at which point he disconnected. I wanted to roll back the firmware, but no previous firmware whosed in assistant. Anyone know a different way to get this firmware in my bird and get it working agian?

You can’t downgrade. There is a way but DJI and this forum strictly prohibit telling people how to do it. There’s good reasons for the non downgrade root and I agree it may be annoying. However this is quite a major release for the P4 adding new modes and features. Let’s hope DJI do the right thing and correct any issues quickly.

I calibrated VPS an removed gimbal/camera guard plate (!!!) and now drone seems to fly as well as before update.

I calibrated VPS an removed gimbal/camera guard plate (!!!) and now drone seems to fly as well as before update.

That makes sense, the vision system got a major overhaul with this update so anything unexpected mounted below the vision sensors can cause problems

Same, but my hover is a little wobbly.

I noticed a a fairly pronounced wobble in my hovering also... The video dropping out seems to be random and noticed that once that happens the next video file has a default date and time of 12/31/13 at 2300hs... Once the bird has been turned off and back on that goes back to what the iPad sends to it to update.
Seems the video section of the bird is rebooting however the P4 flys normal.

Hopefully since others are having the same issues as mine there will be an update soon.

Of course if nobody says anything to DJI they wont know.. :)

I noticed a a fairly pronounced wobble in my hovering also... The video dropping out seems to be random and noticed that once that happens the next video file has a default date and time of 12/31/13 at 2300hs... Once the bird has been turned off and back on that goes back to what the iPad sends to it to update.
Seems the video section of the bird is rebooting however the P4 flys normal.

Hopefully since others are having the same issues as mine there will be an update soon.

Of course if nobody says anything to DJI they wont know.. :)

Think that's more or less what I've got going, not that I've flown it but I have control, video comes on, fan fires up, video drops, over and over and over.

I quit video games and got this to go outside, now I'm inside at my computer all weekend trying to fix a bad weekend patch, nice.

Reactions: Blueline308
I just updated firmware on my remote and P4. Flew it for as long as I could using my 3 batteries and all is fine.

I just did my maybe fifth failed firmware refresh, noticed when the video feed came on the "idiot lights" lit up like my phone wasn't connected but the video was live. I pulled the SD card while the AC, phone, and controller were on and connected and everything went back to normal.

Guess I'll try switching or formatting my SD cards.

**edit** 150% my bad, I moved a video off an SD card, then moved it back on to another SD to edit it, then put that SD in my aircraft. It didn't like something in that process for whatever reason but works fine now with the same card reformatted.

Last edited:
So I did a little test of the new modes this morning and absolutely love tripod.

I thought it was the wind the flights before my memory card mistake but in normal flight modes the EXP is set differently than mine came stock or where I'd had them set making it more responsive with smaller inputs, really rammy. I think I had mine at 15 and they're at 0.20 in P-mode now.

Upgrade done, recalibrated IMU, compass, gimbal, test flight, and all good so far. I have only tested the Tripod mode, which is all I am interested in, it works well, but I now get a warning that I am in a restricted zone, which could not be further from the truth, OK a nuclear power plant 10 miles away, and a large sandy area that at a pinch a microlight could land.

I performed longer test this evening. Is better but still far from perfection. Drone is still unstable in flight.
Look at the short movies (sorry for poor quality):
Any ideas?
Before update my P4 flew very smooth, without any problems.

Upgrade done, recalibrated IMU, compass, gimbal, test flight, and all good so far. I have only tested the Tripod mode, which is all I am interested in, it works well, but I now get a warning that I am in a restricted zone, which could not be further from the truth, OK a nuclear power plant 10 miles away, and a large sandy area that at a pinch a microlight could land.

Are you in Heysham?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT