P4 controller sat a long time, now dead

Reaction score
My p4 controller sat for 6-8 months and when I plug it in the lights blink in sequence but never stop. Charged it 24 hours and it will not start. Is the battery shot? It worked perfectly before I let it discharge.

Any suggestions?

Not uncommon.
Some have solved this by swapping the battery, and some had to repair the board inside the controller.

It does have a plug connector. The controller has 4 screws in the back that you access from behind the rubber pads. You also need to open the port cover on the back and disconnect the three wires and the board they feed.

My p4 controller sat for 6-8 months and when I plug it in the lights blink in sequence but never stop. Charged it 24 hours and it will not start. Is the battery shot? It worked perfectly before I let it discharge.

Any suggestions?
Yes sounds like the battery is dead , showing same symptoms as mine, my local drone repair man fitted a new battery for £50.00 works perfectly now, cheers Len

Several you tube videos showing how to replace the battery, other fixes as well. Batteries on line about $35.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj