P4 Controller Battery issues

Reaction score
It is very disturbing to see how many drone owners have been having issues with their batteries no longer charging the controller. This is not my first experience with issues with DJI. First I had a Phantom 2 which worked very well at the beginning and later had issues with not being able to view it on the Iphone. I did all the updates as DJI requested and nothing changes. I began to read others who were having the same issues and getting no results. I was no longer able to fly the UAV.

I upgraded to the Phantom 4 and thought that I would get better results and behold now it's the controller. DJI seems to be good at quickly designing and upgrading new UAV's however do not support their customers who are investing money in their product and then having issues and getting the runaround.

I recently tried to charge by batteries on the controller and only getting two indicator lights. I tried several attempts to unplug and replug with no success. I certainly do not want to fly with low battery level for safety concerns. When I contacted DJI I was asked the same questions as many have and in the end being told that the UAV is no longer under warranty. I was told to send it out and they will look at it however, when reading many articles of other UAV owners sending them out and spending several hundred dollars to do this and getting them back with later having the same problem I will not do that.

Not sure how DJI can get away with this but I hope that when anyone is looking at purchasing a DJI they will read the many reviews of unhappy owners before they invest in their products.

Happened to me too. I was told straight up that I should just buy a new controller. They are, apparently, disposable. I would assume that a $300 replacement controller will be just as susceptible to this problem. It would be nice if they admitted what is wrong so that those of us capable of SMD rework can replace a $5 chip and save a few hundred dollars. Instead we have to decide whether to sink more money into an already expensive toy or trash everything. The sad thing for DJI is that if they handled this better (or at all) I might have used this as an excuse to upgrade to an Inspire. Instead it is a reason to never buy their products again. From the volume of forum posts regarding this same issue, I think DJI has lost many customers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl