P4 Battery Charge Setting

Reaction score
I have a P4 and recently bought on ebay 2 additional batteries and the 3 port charger/holder and I don't fly more than 2-3 times per month. I do not fly that far away so I'm always within 50-100 yds. buzzing around after the 25-30% warning comes on and take it down to around 10%. Good idea?

I set my original battery to discharge in 2 days. I don't know why but I'll have plenty of time to plan a flight and re-charge the day or morning before. I have know idea about the other slightly used 2 batteries that I bought. Everything is stored inside my home also.

So, based on my flying only 2-3 times per month:

#1-What should I set the drain down days to?

#2-I presume I need to put each battery in the unit, load up the app and adjust the drain days of each battery.
Is that correct?

#3-Does it matter if I charge the RC while charging the batteries? I've seen different opinions on this but I know I can go out and fly 3 batteries twice with a once charged RC time wise. Or is it a good idea to fully recharge the RC every time?

I'm sure y'all get tired of newbies but if these aircraft only cost $50, then there wouldn't be much need for helpful forums like this one. lol

As Usual. Thanks In Advance.

Last edited:
I personally leave all mine to the 10 Day default. Gives me an opportunity to not have to recharge as frequently if I can't fly at the anticipated time.

As @ryantrax has suggested, I leave mine at 10 days with each battery having to be powered up in the drone for the setting go stick as you've suggested. I always charge the battery with the controller as I never fly without them both at 100% prior to flying. I've got over 100 cycle charges on my batteries and have never had a problem charging them together with the controller.

After flying and your batteries are cool just charge them to around 50% for storage or get the dji charging hub as this has a storage setting. Manually charge the batteries till the third light start to flash then store, charge to 100% on fly day, if you don't use them all I would leave them on 10 day cycle. If you discharge them often it still counts as a cycle. I try to fly around down to 20% and get about 20 minutes of flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1