P3SE taking longer than normal to 'WARM UP'

Reaction score
So I noticed over the last few flights... when I connect to DJI GO ( after I power up remote, then AC... link to AC and launch DJI GO )

The upper left message ( in orange ) that says WARMING UP is now taking 30 -45 seconds when it used to take only 10-15 seconds before it turns green and says READY FOR TAKEOFF and home point has been updated.

Any ideas as to why the extended length of time now?

Last edited:
I'l give it a try... my outside temps at night are below 30F... so I'm thinkin 15 minutes or so is all I would need.

Thanks

Yeah thats what I have done in the winter is just set it in the carport for awhile and have everything ready as I can bring it in and do the IMU cal and it has worked every time for me .
Do post back with how it does .

IMU cal should be done at cold temperatures much lower than the expected ambient. This definitely reduces warm up time.

I don't recommend going below current temps and I also recommend recalibrating once it gets warmer.

Calibration is so the barometer obtains a correct reading (perhaps other electronics as well). It need to get to the same temp it was when set in order to give a correct reading. If it was set at 70F and it's started at 40F (because it's been out in the cold), it's going to take awhile to warm up to 70F (this is the electronic which warm up from the heat the generate). However, if you then calibrate at 30F and it' 60F outside, you _may_ have issues as the temps are so far off. You _should_ get a warning though. I don't see the need to be lower then the current temps as this is only going to increase the difference and truth is, it takes very little time to jump 20, 30, 40 degrees. A large decrease is going to only save a matter of a few seconds.

Well sorry but we will have to agree to disagree .
This has been over time and time again and it has Always cut my warm-up time down .
You go back and read the many threads where this has been done with success .
Afraid your
you _may_ have issues
doesn't fly with me as this is how I have done it since I found out about it and still do it and never had any issues .
And if your wanting to just start another debate on this you can but I am not . The OP
can decide for himself if he try's it if it helps cut his warm-up time down or not .

I don't recommend going below current temps and I also recommend recalibrating once it gets warmer.

Calibration is so the barometer obtains a correct reading (perhaps other electronics as well). It need to get to the same temp it was when set in order to give a correct reading. If it was set at 70F and it's started at 40F (because it's been out in the cold), it's going to take awhile to warm up to 70F (this is the electronic which warm up from the heat the generate). However, if you then calibrate at 30F and it' 60F outside, you _may_ have issues as the temps are so far off. You _should_ get a warning though. I don't see the need to be lower then the current temps as this is only going to increase the difference and truth is, it takes very little time to jump 20, 30, 40 degrees. A large decrease is going to only save a matter of a few seconds.
The barometer has nothing to do with the IMU which is what you are calibrating. The barometer works on air pressure. An IMU inertial measurement unit is an electronic device that measures and reports the specific force, angular rate, and sometimes the magnetic field surrounding the body, using a combination of accelerometers and gyroscopes, sometimes also magnetometers. They typically have built in heaters or rely on other components for heat. By calibrating cold it will warm up faster. Cold calibration works hands down. Been doing it for many years. Just did my new Mavic Air before the update to fix the vibration on startup. Left it outside in 18 degrees for about 40 minutes and then calibrated. Worked perfectly. I have even put my Phantoms in my refrigerator to cool down for calibration. Absolutely works.

Reactions: RodPad and dirkclod
Ok guys..52 degrees outside... let it sit outside for 30 minutes with the battery out...

Brought it in and did an IMU calibration, then a gimbal Calibration.

I shut it off for about 5 minutes... then videoed the startup...

IT ONLY TOOK A FEW SECONDS to be ready to fly...

Check out the video! THANK YOU!!

[VIDEO]

Ok guys..52 degrees outside... let it sit outside for 30 minutes with the battery out...

Brought it in and did an IMU calibration, then a gimbal Calibration.

I shut it off for about 5 minutes... then videoed the startup...

IT ONLY TOOK A FEW SECONDS to be ready to fly...

Check out the video! THANK YOU!!

[VIDEO]
Glad to hear your sorted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez