P3S with camera and Gimble removed?

Reaction score
purchased a P3S that had been crashed and the Gimble and Camera has been removed. Bird flies and responds well but does not show height or distance. My ? Is - is that normal or do I have other problems besides just replacing camera .

The telemetry passes through the camera board, before it is sent wirelessly to the app along with camera view ( fpv ), ( same frequency ) without camera, no telemetry!
But should be fine when you replace the camera unit!

Hope this helps, and if you need help finding a camera unit, I have a buddy, that can help, very good prices, and guarantees all his parts! Just let me know and I'll give you his number, whenever you are ready, and if need be!

Good show on the P3, they are a lot of fun!

J Dot
:cool:

The telemetry passes through the camera board, before it is sent wirelessly to the app along with camera view ( fpv ), ( same frequency ) without camera, no telemetry!
But should be fine when you replace the camera unit!

Hope this helps, and if you need help finding a camera unit, I have a buddy, that can help, very good prices, and guarantees all his parts! Just let me know and I'll give you his number, whenever you are ready, and if need be!

Good show on the P3, they are a lot of fun!

J Dot
J Dot Thank you for the info. I am debating on whether to try to repair or to sell for parts?

I hear you,
I guess it would depend on how much a replacement camera unit is gonna cost you?

I waited when p3p came out, found one ( guy dropped remote in pond and burnt it out ) by accident, sold me the craft, battery, hard case backpack, several sets of props, lens filters, etc misc.
Only missing Remote, and charger ( he could not find it )
$450 shipped
( bird was mint, not a scratch on it )
Went to Best Buy ( price match guarantee ) found a 100w charger on some site $25, Best Buy matched it
Then I found a gl300a remote on eBay $75 free ship.
So for $550 us, I have a very near mint p3p working perfectly!

So deals are out there, you just have to look! Hopefully you can find a camera for cheap, or a parts bird with good camera, etc!

keep us updated!
I'm interested to see how it all goes!

J Dot

I hear you,
I guess it would depend on how much a replacement camera unit is gonna cost you?

I waited when p3p came out, found one ( guy dropped remote in pond and burnt it out ) by accident, sold me the craft, battery, hard case backpack, several sets of props, lens filters, etc misc.
Only missing Remote, and charger ( he could not find it )
$450 shipped
( bird was mint, not a scratch on it )
Went to Best Buy ( price match guarantee ) found a 100w charger on some site $25, Best Buy matched it
Then I found a gl300a remote on eBay $75 free ship.
So for $550 us, I have a very near mint p3p working perfectly!

So deals are out there, you just have to look! Hopefully you can find a camera for cheap, or a parts bird with good camera, etc!

keep us updated!
I'm interested to see how it all goes!

J Dot
I would love to rebuild but it may not be the correct decision. I have a P4P and this was going to be a trainer for my GS. I am 79 and may just be over my grade level.Thanks again.

Believe it or not, it is simple, plug-n-play, unless firmware mismatch, then you just update your camera! ( via SD card ) ( as long as there is no other internal issues ) but if she flies good, that is a good sign only the camera was damaged in the crash! You could very well get lucky, if you can locate a good working cheap camera! Might be worth keeping as a fun flyer, use the 4 for the serious stuff! Lol

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl