P3S WiFi connection.

Reaction score
Wifi shows no internet connection and yet drone and RC are connected. Not sure what’s going on here. Any ideas?

Why would you assume the AC-RC link is through wifi?

The link in P3X and P3S is based on Lightbridge technology, with a proprietary communication protocol. you don't need any WiFi. To connect mobile device, use USB cable.
Only P3C uses WiFi for mobile app connection. But even there the AC-RC link is different, has two separate radio channels.

The phantom 3 standard does not use lightbridge...but as the P3S has a closed network it does not connect to the internet ... so it is normal not to be connect to the internet when connect to the AC and RC

Reactions: Dany3R9 and Pharm
The link in P3X and P3S is based on Lightbridge technology, with a proprietary communication protocol. you don't need any WiFi. To connect mobile device, use USB cable.
Only P3C uses WiFi for mobile app connection. But even there the AC-RC link is different, has two separate radio channels.

Just a minor correction in your wording:

The link in P3A and P3P is based on Lightbridge technology, with a proprietary communication protocol. you don't need any WiFi. To connect mobile device, use USB cable.
Only P3S and P3SE uses WiFi for mobile app connection. But even there the AC-RC link is different, has two separate radio channels.

Wifi shows no internet connection and yet drone and RC are connected. Not sure what’s going on here. Any ideas?
Lot's of technical stuff here but I think what everyone is trying to say is an internet connection is not required to fly. As long as you see "Phantom Connected" or similar you're fine. You may ignore the "No Internet" message.

Note to group: It appears the question is related to a P3S, albeit the original post appears in Adv/Pro. Perhaps a moderator will move it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Just a minor correction in your wording:

The link in P3A and P3P is based on Lightbridge technology, with a proprietary communication protocol. you don't need any WiFi. To connect mobile device, use USB cable.
Only P3S and P3SE uses WiFi for mobile app connection. But even there the AC-RC link is different, has two separate radio channels.
Thanks for correcting that. I was wondering what a P3X and a P3C were. I thought some new models had snuck in on me. :)

Not sure if you're serous or just trolling..
Anyway, these are the official DJI code names.
Absolutely serious, Going by DJI "Code" Names as you say, does not differentiate between the different aircraft. Those are "Generic" names. You may be looking at something different than the actual "Aircraft" Nomenclatures........Or if you are not in the US, that could be the difference. And "trolling", really?

Absolutely serious, Going by DJI "Code" Names as you say, does not differentiate between the different aircraft. Those are "Generic" names.

No, actually each name strictly identifies specific product.

You may be looking at something different than the actual "Aircraft" Nomenclatures........

It could be possible, if there was limited evidence on what the code names mean. But there is a lot of evidence, and not a single one against it.

Or if you are not in the US, that could be the difference. And "trolling", really?

It is a common knowledge that what you see in stores are marketing names of product. When a product is being developed in corporate world, it is identified by the code name, which everybody who works on the product treats as its real name.
This works for every company big enough to have a marketing division. And for your previous arguments - it is actually the marketing name which often does not identify a specific product.

In every company I worked for, our internal names were completely separate from marketing names.

which everybody who works on the product treats as its real name.
I agree with that statement completely, as for working with the DOD, has similar. Only those with internal access would know what the true product actually is. I am referring to the common consumer here, more than anything else. The nomenclatures that the general public would use is more identifiable with the " Post" internal mfg name. DJI misses this point many times, especially in their TOM's.....

Oh. I’m impressed.
5188.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl