Standard P3S upgrade downloan now no connection

Reaction score
I downloaded the P3 Standard 1.8.10 upgrade by changing the wifi (in the app) to my local connection, downloaded and now I can not connect to the Phanthom, it does not seem to have a signal- when I look in wi-fi on my Phone(andrioid) I can find my phanthom but "not in range".
I have restarted everything a couple of times but no change.
Please help I am new to this and no can not fly(obviously)
Thanks
Rip

Reaction score
When you upgraded, did you watch the progress bar and listen to the audible from the drone ? Also , check the flash pattern on the gimbal LED lights. I am assuming you switched the WiFi back to Phantom and have 100mb left on your SD card.

Reaction score
@RadRocket, The OP has not done an upgrade yet.
He said that he has only downloaded the upgrade, and now he cannot connect his device to the Phantom R/C's WiFi.

@riptg, did you also reboot your device?
Also, try moving your R/C and device further away from your home's WiFi and see if that helps you to connect.

Lastly, I don't know how long you've had your P3s, and also don't know why this is, but my device will not connect to the R/C's WiFi unless I turn on the remote and wait 20+ seconds before trying to connect my device.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all - thanks for suggestions: I got connectivity - I spent a lot of time with DJI, but mostly resolved by watching youtube.
I was once again connected after I reset the remote to the phantom and then re setting the wi fi, both were done by turning the gimbal control one left one right and flicking the s1 & s2 switches (a lot of times) oh yes I also had to push in the reset? button on the phantom - it was solid red After that I applied to the upgrade which went fine and I am back flying.
Thanks

Reactions: mdowney58

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexanderMakedon