P3S range problems - CE Mode

I've got the DBS setup on my Standard, as well. More than doubled my range, plus it's a lot neater than 3 separate sticks, to me, anyway.

Reactions: hexagon
after lots of thoughts I sold my baby. It was hard to do after all those hours of happy flying, reading, learning patching etc. but I intend to buy a mavic pro before summer. Hope the new owner is as careful as I was with it... Bought it for 500 euros @ June and sold it for 400...

I fitted Argtec ... slapped Icarus software on and upped to 27dbm ..... in semi urban wifi area ... hit 2063m when control signal dropped but video was still strong. Very happy with it.

On the subject of RTH ... I just leave the RTH to do its job. Once I have visual and can see it well - I then take over.

Calculating speed out and back ... speed out was 33kph ... speed back by auto RTH was 30kph ........ fast enough for me !! Speeds calculated from Flight Log.

Nigel

Nice one Nigel! same bottleneck for me = Control Signal.... However 2KM in a P3S is a very good range!

PS.. I already miss mine

you are lucky hexagon.
i'm also in ce zone, italy, but to reach 200m i mount DBS and two cloverleaf on bird.
now i'm waiting for a two way 5.8 amplifier with a dc dc step up converter from m3.7 to 9. to power amplifier from rc.
with stock configuration and 1.5.7. maximum fly distance was 70m.
now with dbs yesterday in rural area i reach 300m altitude and 300m distance but it depend from bird rotation.
to reach max ditance the drone must be at 90 degree from rc axis.

Nice one Nigel! same bottleneck for me = Control Signal.... However 2KM in a P3S is a very good range!

PS.. I already miss mine

Really pleased with the flight ...

Yes I know camera is slightly out of level ... I recalibrated today ... Somehow a small offset got into the settings ...

Nigel

you are lucky hexagon.
i'm also in ce zone, italy, but to reach 200m i mount DBS and two cloverleaf on bird.
now i'm waiting for a two way 5.8 amplifier with a dc dc step up converter from m3.7 to 9. to power amplifier from rc.
with stock configuration and 1.5.7. maximum fly distance was 70m.
now with dbs yesterday in rural area i reach 300m altitude and 300m distance but it depend from bird rotation.
to reach max ditance the drone must be at 90 degree from rc axis.

Wow, DBS and bird side antenna for only 200m? Have you ever tried urban and trullly wi-fi free?

beautiful video, nice run! yes u needed calibration. Enjoy your setup!

The river is freezing up and soon the Ice Fishermen will be out there ............ that will give a good subject to video ...

But meanwhile - I have to make a trip to Long Beach Ca on a job ..... unfortunately cannot take the P3S ...

But when I get back - should get some good vids out there.

Nigel

Reactions: hexagon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj