P3s no video feed

I know it's not much, but others on the DJI Forum have suggested re-linking the bird and r/c as a fix. Some have worked, others not.

There are dozens of threads on this subject over there, but no real definitive fix yet.

Am still looking ........

Reactions: giorgimonk and Oso
I know it's not much, but others on the DJI Forum have suggested re-linking the bird and r/c as a fix. Some have worked, others not.

There are dozens of threads on this subject over there, but no real definitive fix yet.

Am still looking ........
I'm going to order another OEM ribbon cable and gimbal board hopefully it will fix the problem

I've got the same problem. Just replaced the ribbon cable, after it got damaged. Everything seems to be working, except the video feed. I can take pictures & videos, they look fine, no video on the screen

Reactions: giorgimonk
getting telemetry data and sd card works but I am not getting video any ideas?? flex cable didn't work, tried relinking and other simple things
getting telemetry data and sd card works but I am not getting video any ideas?? flex cable didn't work, tried relinking and other simple things
Hello did u ever get ur ph3 fix.I have the same problem and have flown it with out camera. I have a few question before i change the camera think it may be the sd reader in camera. When i turn drone on red light in camera come on for a little while but i never see the green light.Do u know what circuits are hook to that thin ribbon like cable. my camera still goes up and down but none of the camera postion work and no video still.

Hello did u ever get ur ph3 fix.I have the same problem and have flown it with out camera. I have a few question before i change the camera think it may be the sd reader in camera. When i turn drone on red light in camera come on for a little while but i never see the green light.Do u know what circuits are hook to that thin ribbon like cable. my camera still goes up and down but none of the camera postion work and no video still.
No im going to buy another used drone

P3s with the same issue no transmission signal meaning no Video is displayed.
I have never crashed and worked great for over 25 flights. Now while trying to uses it I get on the top of my iPad No Transmission Signal using both Dji Go App & Litchi App and get blank screen(No Video Picture). I can control the tilt on the camera gimbal and see it do the dance during power up. The P3s does fly just fine. The only thing I did was pushed the microSD card in backwards trying to rush. Again I believe other post did say you should still get video to your device while not using a microSD card plugged in.

P3s with the same issue no transmission signal meaning no Video is displayed.
I have never crashed and worked great for over 25 flights. Now while trying to uses it I get on the top of my iPad No Transmission Signal using both Dji Go App & Litchi App and get blank screen(No Video Picture). I can control the tilt on the camera gimbal and see it do the dance during power up. The P3s does fly just fine. The only thing I did was pushed the microSD card in backwards trying to rush. Again I believe other post did say you should still get video to your device while not using a microSD card plugged in.
Video transmission should work without a MicroSD card.

Looks like I found at least one cause of the camera going black. Moments ago, I stumbled on the simple reason why my Litchi flight plans, written in the Litchi Mission Hub on my desktop computer, weren't showing up on my iPad's Litchi screen, namely that I didn't log in. My elation over discovering this very small procedural error, quickly became my undoing.

In my excitement to try my first ever Litchi waypoint mission, I forgot to remove the camera lens cap, before starting up the drone. The lens cap was protruding a bit, since it wasn't pressed fully down on the camera, so when I started the drone, the camera lens was in contact with the table I use as a landing platform, thus preventing the camera from swiveling about freely, as it does with each startup of the drone. Subsequent startups of the drone did however show the camera swiveling about normally.

I normally don't affix cap fully down to cover the entire camera because it does take considerable force to press it fully down, which I had been avoiding out of concerns that doing so might damage the gimbal while installing or removing the lens cap. I now profoundly regret that practice of lightly affixing the camera lens cap, because it is possible such a simple oversight, has in essence cost me the entire drone, since it remains disconnected in both DJI Go and Litchi platforms.

As a footnote, I did try re-linking the drone to the controller using the link button, gimbal rotate to the left, and S2 switch toggling process described on page 24 of the Phantom 2S manual, and the link button did glow solid green to confirm a link was established. Despite that small victory, the drone remains disconnected from both DJI Go and Litchi, while the camera image remains flat black. To describe my current mood as dejected, would be a major understatement. The design of the Phantom3S camera lens cover, is a booby-trap waiting to destroy the drone, after one single and brief lapse in concentration.

Last edited:
PS Turned off my home Wifi, and the P3S finally did establish a link to both Litchi and DJI Go, only to then issue that show-stopping IMU calibration error message, that for me translates to "fly another day, but NOT today". So the major cause of concern is gone, only to be replaced by a more familiar impediment to my use of Litchi. Looks like from here on out, I will have to settle for merely imagining what it must be like to fly a saved Litchi flight path mission.

Last edited:
All's well that end's well, and I learned from the DJI website how to calibrate the IMU indoors, in just 5 minutes. For anyone who suddenly encounters the IMU calibrate error message, set the drone on a table top indoors, and tap the following sequence. Camera, Setup, Sensor Setting, Check IMU, Calibrate IMU, OK, then wait five minutes, and Bob's yer uncle, done ! The drone flies smooth as silk once again, and I just flew my very first Litchi auto-flight with 100% success. In summary, when all else fails, read the instructions ha ha

NOT FIXED YET I gave it to my friend to test it with his camera and guess what camera is not the issue. I don't know what to do now :mad:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic