P3S - New toy - No Internet Connection - Help!

Reaction score
I just opened my new gift and have spent the last 3 hours trying to get the P3S connected to the internet. I have followed all instructions and used several devices to try and connect (Android and IPhone 7) -- downloaded the app successful -- able to see the "PHANTOM3_25d289" Wi-Fi, enter the password correctly and get an error message that says "no internet connection". I have disable all other Wi-Fi devices and networks in my house and nothing seems to work. Please -- any suggestions? Have restarted all devices multiple times.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.PNG
    IMG_0949.PNG
    400.6 KB · Views: 444
That is normal behaviour. It's your IOS device telling you the Phantom isn't the internet. You will always see that warning, don't worry.

That's working as designed. Your Phantom's Wi-Fi connection offers no Internet connection. Your iPhone is just notifying you of that since most people connect to Wi-Fi to get an Internet connection.

That is normal behaviour. It's your IOS device telling you the Phantom isn't the internet. You will always see that warning, don't worry.

Thanks so much! But how do I activate with no internet? When I try to activate it says I have no internet, even with 4G and LTE.

You can temporarily disconnect from the Phantom wifi and reconnect to your normal wifi.
That is also how you download new firmwares, sync flight logs etc

who says you need to connect to the internet to fly phantom?
that message only tell you that your device connected to the RC's wifi which has no internet connection. and that is the actual design of DJI.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi and thanks for the clarification of the ' no internet connection ' message as I'm a new pilot to a DJI P3S and thought that even though I could get video from my P3S I must be doing something wrong to keep getting after I connected my drone to my iPhone as I always kept getting underneath no internet connection and thought i was doing something wrong. Now after reading these posts I realise that's just because my drone isn't WiFi enabled. As long as I keep getting the video feed I'm ok lol. One question I would like to ask is with the P3S can it be connected to such VR Glasses such as Fat Shark as it has no HDMI output. Thanks for any replies in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31