P3S follow me doesn't follow

Reaction score
Hi I just got my new Phantom 3 Standard, and love it! Ive been learning everything there is to learn, but I can't figure out why my P3S doesn't follow in follow me mode. Everything else works perfectly, and with that in consideration, I feel it may be user error. What's happening is I send it to a height, that it agrees with, and then enable follow me. Half the time I try, it moves to lock onto me so clearly it sees me. But if I'm on my motorbike, or a car, it just doesn't follow, it just hovers there even though I have to exit follow me mode to take control again as if follow me was working. The only time it seemed to work was when I would walk, it would slowly follow me, and work, then i took off, jogging for a short distance, nothing remotely major. It totally looses me. Just sits there like an idiot, looking down at where I was when I took off... Before I started trying to use it today, it said there wasn't a strong enough GPS signal, IDK why. I had 8 satellites connected, and nothing in the sky. After a little waiting, I got 10 and it would allow me to use it, IDK if the satellite number is why, or something else. I also noticed, normally for my neighbor hood, the interference warning comes up often and goes away and comes back, I'm not sure that would be the cause, but it would be my best guess. but that's just something I noticed.

So am I missing something? a setting? Is this something it isn't suppose to do??? I'm pretty sure it is, i saw others be able to do it... what am I doing wrong? is it the interference? is there a number of satellites required I should know about? what can you do to acquire them better?
Thank you so much for your help! it is massively appreciated!

I believe for follow me you need a device that is GPS capable on its own. The GPS from the bird and the recording of the home point is just for that purpose, so the phone or tablet needs to be cellular and have GPS. you do not need to have the cellular activated. WiFi only devices do not have built in GPS to use follow me.

Thanks for your response, tony. I am aware of the need for GPS in the device, and only iOS devices that dint have cellular don't have gps to match. Android can be different. However, I was using an iPhone, so gps was working. It may have been in low power mode which my have interrupted that, but I slightly doubt that. I may have to try that tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20