P3S - Can't change max distance to over 500m?

What Magic Power does is simply tweak a bit of setting in the drone that determines the output power of the image transmission signals, not the remote control signals. MP overrides restrictions based on your location and allows for maximum performance possible.

The DBS antenna will more so improve your remote control signal, rather than dramatically improving the video signal (although some can do this well too). If you wish to further improve your signal quality overall, you can combine MP and the DBS antenna, however when using the mod you shouldn't change the output power past 20dbm (from memory, please correct if anyone knows otherwise) so you don't burn out anything.

Sorry if this comes across as confusing, but definitely ask for any clarification [emoji3]

Awesome thanks, so I'll probably need Magic Power as well as DBS then really.

Magic Power + DIY Windsufer can increase 3x of your flight range... ;)

I've actually got that combination - except the windsurfer was a cheap $8 from eBay and I'm getting fantastic range. I used to get around 350m before with no modifications and now almost 700-800m with the Magic Power mod and Windsurfer.

This is in a residential area of course with lots of WiFi networks, train power lines etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT