P3Pro suddenly won't turn on?

Reaction score
3 days a go I opened my GoProfessional backpack to make sure my batteries were charged; it so happens they were in a state of automatically discharging. I went ahead and fully charged them all.
Today I took the drone out to fly but it would not power up. It did nothing. The batteries have all 4 green bars. If I keep the red battery button pressed for about 5 seconds the green bars show and the red battery light flashes.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. It's always started up. Is there a way I can connect it to my computer through USB and diagnose it? Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks!

Just tried the batteries in a second Phantom 3 Pro. It did the same thing. The quad did nothing. Must be a battery issue. Anyone know of a way to recondition or reset the batteries? Thanks again.

Although I have never let my batteries rest long enough to enter auto discharge state, try turning them on like you turn the drone on and off again to see if that resets it.

3 days a go I opened my GoProfessional backpack to make sure my batteries were charged; it so happens they were in a state of automatically discharging. I went ahead and fully charged them all.
Today I took the drone out to fly but it would not power up. It did nothing. The batteries have all 4 green bars. If I keep the red battery button pressed for about 5 seconds the green bars show and the red battery light flashes.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. It's always started up. Is there a way I can connect it to my computer through USB and diagnose it? Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks!

Just tried the batteries in a second Phantom 3 Pro. It did the same thing. The quad did nothing. Must be a battery issue. Anyone know of a way to recondition or reset the batteries? Thanks again.
Please forgive the question, but are you remembering to double press to power on the batteries?

Reactions: alokbhargava
Yes, press, then long press button

Yes, press, then long press button

I'll be damned!
I feel real stupid...and grateful! Thank you both. The "press then long press worked"!
Oso, where did you read about the double press? I always just kept it pressed for a few seconds and it would turn on. I like the surety of simply double pressing the battery button...
Thank you both very much!!

Awesome!! glad to hear that... However all the worlds GPS satellites just went off line and the FAA declared North America a No Fly Zone... Now you go enjoy the day "Ya hear?

I'll be damned!
I feel real stupid...and grateful! Thank you both. The "press then long press worked"!
Oso, where did you read about the double press? I always just kept it pressed for a few seconds and it would turn on. I like the surety of simply double pressing the battery button...
Thank you both very much!!

I think your mind was pre-occupied with the thoughts that you did something wrong by recharging batteries in discharge state. You assumed that batteries won't work and that's why you panicked.

Phantom is an expensive and delicate toy and needs lots of attention and cool mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj