P3Pro - Firmware Update Mistake

Ah no, I should have specified that I was using a fan from the very first attempt, that was something that was repeated frequently when I first got my AC and joined. :)

I can give that a shot, but I'm still curious as to why that particular version of the FW is even there or shown, I have never tried to install FW v1.4.10.
The 1.4.10 is probably the last firmware version that was successful updated to the drone when you attempted the 1.11.20 update.

Ah no, I should have specified that I was using a fan from the very first attempt, that was something that was repeated frequently when I first got my AC and joined. :)

I can give that a shot, but I'm still curious as to why that particular version of the FW is even there or shown, I have never tried to install FW v1.4.10.

Very glad to hear that about the "fan all along" :)
I speculate that something made its way from one of the partially complete (but failed) FW updates onto the AC. The "About" function check recognizes it as v1.4.10 ..... but with things missing, so it adds the +.
So, if you can just get one "complete" set of FW to install ... upgrading or downgrading from there should be easy peasy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorNutFD3S
The DEBUG file needs to be on the sd card first before the firmware update file.

Thank you ....... that is an important point I did not point out. It is little details like that that drive you crazy when trying to sort out a problem !!

The DEBUG file needs to be on the sd card first before the firmware update file.
Yep, that's clearly covered in the linked thread but on my AC the Service File did not function. Which may be because the FW update failed midway.

The 1.4.10 is probably the last firmware version that was successful updated to the drone when you attempted the 1.11.20 update.
Nope, that can't be it. As stated in my first post my AC had never been updated past v1.2.6 until the v1.11.20 attempt.

Very glad to hear that about the "fan all along" :)
I speculate that something that something made its way from one of the partially complete (but failed) FW updates made its way onto the AC. The "About" function check recognizes it as v1.4.10 ..... but with things missing, so it adds the +.
So, if you can just get one "complete" set of FW to install ... upgrading or downgrading from there should be easy peasy :)
You may be right. I'm taking a break for dinner, may try a v1.4.10 update after that. Although my wife may prefer some time spent with her too. LOL

Thank you ....... that is an important point I did not point out. It is little details like that that drive you crazy when trying to sort out a problem !!
Yes, it makes you want to keep a logbook of all the procedures that you have tried, along with the outcome.

Yep, that's clearly covered in the linked thread but on my AC the Service File did not function. Which may be because the FW update failed midway.

Nope, that can't be it. As stated in my first post my AC had never been updated past v1.2.6 until the v1.11.20 attempt.
That’s what I was saying,,, when you were updating to version 1.11.20, the firmware stopped updating at version 1.4.20.

You may be right. I'm taking a break for dinner, may try a v1.4.10 update after that. Although my wife may prefer some time spent with her too. LOL

3 attempts to install v1.4.10 and all failed, tried with two freshly formatted SD cards just in case. But this time a LOG_AB file was created! It is attached in case it helps figure this one out.

*Update* I also tried the Service/Debug file again, just in case. Without pressing the Linking Button it did not beep and the rear arm lights just continually single flashed yellow. Turned it off and gave the Linking Button a try, but it just double short beeped for a solid 10 minutes, never got the continuous single beep then long beep + double short beep signifying it was complete. Tried to throw v1.3.2 on there anyway but it failed.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    41 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I take it this is something that cannot be done at home since a quick Google search yields no how-to results.
@quaddamage has a thread on here that tells how to do it. It is quite a long thread so be sure to read it all. In the thread it mentions a member by the name of @Suncatcher, he has a link that is shows how to do it perfectly.

@quaddamage has a thread on here that tells how to do it. It is quite a long thread so be sure to read it all. In the thread it mentions a member by the name of @SunsetCatcher, he has a link that is shows how to do it perfectly.
Thanks! Sort of what I expected to read, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to thoroughly learn and attempt a procedure of that magnitude anytime soon unfortunately.

My soldering skills are a bit rudimentary. lol

Out of curiosity, since this problem is on the gimbal board, could I just replace the gimbal assembly or the gimbal board itself with a known working one?

Yes, you sure can.
So to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself, say I get a gimbal board that is loaded at v1.3.20, is there anything else on my AC that's affected by my original attempt to update to v1.11.20 (or getting stuck at 1.4.10)? Basically just checking to see if there would be any incompatibilities between AC and replacement gimbal board by going this route.

So to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself, say I get a gimbal board that is loaded at v1.3.20, is there anything else on my AC that's affected by my original attempt to update to v1.11.20 (or getting stuck at 1.4.10)? Basically just checking to see if there would be any incompatibilities between AC and replacement gimbal board by going this route.
The app shows that the firmware version is 1.4.10+. So being that you would be using a different gimbal board, as soon as you power it up, the app will show you if the camera and/or battery needs updating. If you buy a gimbal board that has been re-flashed, then that board will have been reverted back to old firmware.

The app shows that the firmware version is 1.4.10+. So being that you would be using a different gimbal board, as soon as you power it up, the app will show you if the camera and/or battery needs updating. If you buy a gimbal board that has been re-flashed, then that board will have been reverted back to old firmware.
Ok, I think I'm following. I'm going to get a little specific here because this might clear it up for me.

A local pilot has a crashed P3Pro that was running v1.3.2 and the gimbal/camera assembly is functioning normally, so I'm asking about buying that whole assembly. Basically disconnect the two harnesses on top, pop it off, and then move it over to my AC. So then I'm assuming I would need to run the v1.4.10 firmware update again so the gimbal/camera FW matches the FW version currently on the rest of my AC (even though it's still an incomplete installation). And then pray that the installation completes this time. Sound about right?

And then if he decides he doesn't want to sell (seems he's leaning toward just keeping parts for his other P3Pros, which I understand), say I get a gimbal/camera assembly with a later FW version (v1.8.8 for example). I'd just need to install that particular FW version on my AC so that the rest of my AC then matches what is on the gimbal/camera?

Thanks again for all of the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31