P3P will not connect to DJI GO app???

No, that is just for my Mavic Pro, which still works perfectly, knocking on woods as I type this. Only the DJI GO for the Phantom 3 Pro.
Ok, I figured that you were just using the GO 4 app for the other bird, but had to ask the question.
It would be nice if you could find someone near you to see if your setup would connect with their P3P or visa versa.

Hi people,
I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced. All was working fine until i got a message from DJI GO App to upgrade. Did everything they said, now my Controller wont connect with my Tablet. This is a major fault with DJI.......and not peoples hardware. I have contacted DJI and all i got was...i will pass this to our engineers. My Drone did not move off my table from working to not working.....DJI should be ashamed of what they do...My Drone if flyable but i can not use my tablet....so basically goosed.
I am fuming with upgrading when i was asked. The annoying thing is that the new firmware....or the firmware they want you to upgrade with is from 2017........ridiculous !!!!!! I want to upgrade but not with the way people get treated from DJI....

Reactions: schroeder1959
Ok, I figured that you were just using the GO 4 app for the other bird, but had to ask the question.
It would be nice if you could find someone near you to see if your setup would connect with their P3P or visa versa.
I was able to get the RC to pair with my P3P, I just have no connectivity between the RC and the app. I can start the blades on my P3P by holding down and in on the RC, but nothing on the phone. Very frustrating!

The pairing with the RC and Drone is not the issue for most people....it is the DJI GO App and the Phone or Tablet. All other software does not work either Litchi included. The Firmware upgrade is useless for me and many others. And to really frustrate people....the most recent firmware is not downgradeable.........lovely !!!!!! Totally stiched up by DJI...

I was able to get the RC to pair with my P3P, I just have no connectivity between the RC and the app. I can start the blades on my P3P by holding down and in on the RC, but nothing on the phone. Very frustrating!
I understand that they do link. I’m trying to rule out any issue with your remote and/or aircraft. Trying to see if your device and bird will connect with a remote that someone else’s is proven to work on their bird. Process of elimination.
May be a problem of incompatible firmware versions of the remote and aircraft.

That screen looks like Dji Go for the P4. If so it will not connect to your P3P
Nope, that is the same DJI GO app I have been using since I purchased the P3P several years ago, and yes, it worked perfectly until this week. Last flight was in October of 2019.

It is just the connection between the phone and the RC via the USB connection. Even though I have tried a second USB Circuit Board to no avail.

Hello all!

It has been a long while since I flew my P3P, but today I was going to give it a go. My RC and Bird are connected, but my iPhone 7 Plus will not connect to my Controller. I have tried three different cables, and a plethora of other suggestions, but still no success. I can move the camera with the up and down camera roller. I can also start the propellers by holding the toggles down and in, as well as shut them off. I have looked everywhere for a solution, but I have found nothing. I even did a search here, and came up empty, so I apologize if this is a repeat thread. I just want to fly my P3P and take some photos, but that is impossible if my iPhone won't connect using the DJI GO app. As far as I know my app is up to date, as well as the bird and RC. I also hear that the Mavic Pro is having the exact same issue. Did DJI BRICK my several thousand dollar investment?

Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions you can through my way!
Sincerely,
Mike
At last there's light at the end of the tunnel!!

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

I had similar issues in November 2018 when I tried to connect my Phantom 3 Advanced to my Samsung Tab 4 tablet: I hadn't flown for 4 months.

I updated to latest firmware P3s_FW_v01.11.002 from DJI and loaded it onto the aircraft, but because that version couldn't be uplaoded via the controller's USB port, only through the DJI GO App, I tried loading this, but it only showed a blank 'Aircraft not connected.'

Strangely it would it would connect to the highlighted DJI Inspire.

Tried all the suggestions from DJI Help, including changing cables, even buying a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, but no use. Threatened DJI with a lawsuit, and they wouldn't reply any more!

Wellsuggestions, rumors, and conspiracy theories followed with something to do with DJI changing the firmware to prevent hacking of the aircraft for terrorist purposes.

I copied the P3S_FW Debug file and then successfully downgraded aircraft to P3S_FW_v01.02.007. Everything worked: I could fly the aircraft, operate the camera/video, record, land. I then tried downloading APK Pure and installing the oldest version of DJI GO, before P4, (3.1.0 14/11/2016). Nothing: no connection with phone (did all the debugging, and USB configuration 'media transfer protocol), just same un-highlighted 'connect to aircraft' (except able to connect to DJI Inspire).

So sorry I can't be any help, except save you time exploring all the options I have LOL

Reactions: schroeder1959
Daughter had the exact same problem.
Mavic Pro worked great with Go 4 app on the nvidea shield tablet.
The go app wouldn't work with the P3A.
Everything worked fine on the ipad
I did everything possible of reinstalling, changing cables,etc with no success
But I really wanted the hdmi output on the tablet and ended up putting the hdmi module on the controller.
I ended up with a cheap rca voyager tablet that works with the go app

Best solution is use Litchi
i have tried litchi , and still no connection between S9 plus and my GL300A Controller, im really confused, ica fly normaly in my p3p and control the cam and record also normally but i cannot connect to my phone

Have you tried a different device?
I use an 8" Samsung Tablet and it runs both GO and Litchi no probs.
I've even used a no name 7" tab that I bought for $38 in the early days.

Have you tried a different device?
I use an 8" Samsung Tablet and it runs both GO and Litchi no probs.
I've even used a no name 7" tab that I bought for $38 in the early days.
i have used iPhone 5s Samsung s9 plus, Samsung s5 and still get "How to Connect"
when I put my USB cable to RC, my phone starts charging, enabling USB debugging and nothing happens

When you plug your phone in you should get a prompt at the top of the screen asking what you want it to do.
You pick MIDI there.
You also need to go into developer options and disable debugging.

When you plug your phone in you should get a prompt at the top of the screen asking what you want it to do.
You pick MIDI there.
You also need to go into developer options and disable debugging.
it not prompting anything, it starts charging the phone, I have change USB configuration to MIDI still no result
I'm really confused how I can fly and control the cam and record, Meanwhile i cannot connect to app

You've got me then.
Changing it in settings won't do anything.
Try pulling down from the top when you plug it in.
iit doesn't give me the options to change when pulling down from the top like a plugin into a PC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic