p3p unstable after updating to v1.06.0040

again, I did say he was right about that but maybe his surface is not completely still during calibration. I would be interested to see his imu numbers from the dji go app.

Its nothing to do with the imu calibration. I updated the old motor p3p and my one which is the new motors. Did imu calibration at the same place. Older motors is very stable while mine drift a lot and change altitude by itself. So i think its must be a firmware issues with the new motors maybe

Reactions: Raanan
Its nothing to do with the imu calibration. I updated the old motor p3p and my one which is the new motors. Did imu calibration at the same place. Older motors is very stable while mine drift a lot and change altitude by itself. So i think its must be a firmware issues with the new motors maybe
I have new motors and mine has updated just fine.

here is video of my phantom 3 pro after update. from 0 to 16 sec vps was on and i soon as i turn if off the bird move like hell, took control to land at 20 sec. note that it was lock to 20 satellite. do you find this normal?? anyone has the same issues. i wish to have never update.. just send it back will receive in 3 week. hope they got it fixed.

I actually do not see any problems with the video you posted. Everything is predictable.
You are flying very close to the ground, in an enclosed space. Without VPS the prop wash is strong enough to cause turbulence that cannot be compensated by GPS.
This is exactly why you want to use VPS.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your are right, the imu does only have to do with movement but why not just try to re-calibrate the imu on a different surface? I calibrated my imu for the first time in my computer room but forgot to turn off my computer and the calibration failed, probably due to the fans on the computer. I turned off the computer and the calibration was successful. You can't walk around by it while it calibrates either, it has to be perfectly still.

When I calibrated its on a wooden tv food stand, on the MDF leveling board, in a middle of a room with nothing around. It's not being walked around, moved, or anything. I had no errors in performing the calibrations.

All this is from someone that has OCD, so I'm very particular in the way things are done.

Besides, why would DJI be working on a fix if we are calibrating wrong. Some people do it on their dining room table, computer desk, kitchen counter, etc. I have a hard time thinking it's something wrong with the way I and others calibrated. There has to be an issue with the firmware, RC, app, or a certain combination of things.

Mine is very minimal but it should not be there. The best way to describe it is if someone is cold and shivering randomly.

Interesting! Yet frustrating, I too have an issue since the latest firmware.
I had to do a chimney inspection yesterday, steep pitched roof and no wind so couldn't of been turbulence.. but the P3A was not staying still like usual. Drifting really bad which was really unnerving when trying to look at the screen to take pictures.
Will try a full recal tomorrow before I get too emotional;)

here is video of my phantom 3 pro after update. from 0 to 16 sec vps was on and i soon as i turn if off the bird move like hell, took control to land at 20 sec. note that it was lock to 20 satellite. do you find this normal?? anyone has the same issues. i wish to have never update.. just send it back will receive in 3 week. hope they got it fixed.

I dont see much wrong with this video.
I once turned off vps and i noticed a bit of instability - so I simply turned it back on again. Never turned it off since.
Obviously when you are close to the ground you can experience the prop wash turbulence, and I see you also have at least one wall there in close proximity.. So the way your phantom behaved looks normal to me i.e. Upto 16sec quite stable with vps turned on, and between 16sec and landing a little less stable, as you switched off vps...
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, looks perfectly normal to me..

I dont see much wrong with this video.
I once turned off vps and i noticed a bit of instability - so I simply turned it back on again. Never turned it off since.
Obviously when you are close to the ground you can experience the prop wash turbulence, and I see you also have at least one wall there in close proximity.. So the way your phantom behaved looks normal to me i.e. Upto 16sec quite stable with vps turned on, and between 16sec and landing a little less stable, as you switched off vps...
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, looks perfectly normal to me..

Hi with the previous firmware vps was always off and the bird never move or drift even when lock only to 7 satellite

Ok, but up to 16 sec it looks very stable in hover, right? With VPS turned on. So, maybe just leave VPS on? Thats what i do anyway.
Also, in your video, how much wind was blowing? And is there another wall behind the copter?

Ok, but up to 16 sec it looks very stable in hover, right? With VPS turned on. So, maybe just leave VPS on? Thats what i do anyway.
Also, in your video, how much wind was blowing? And is there another wall behind the copter?

Yes there is a wall behind. It was a bit windy. And the day before i flew it, i got the slow sd card error

Nice video, what is that amazing location? It looks like a zoo right by the ocean

hi its located in mauritius island. and its called "vallee des couleurs".
here you can get a better idea. and the best thing here right now is we dont have any law for drone right now , you can fly anywhere you want but safety first.

I'm running 1.6, never have had a problem. I've switched between modes mid flight, it's always been very stable and reliable for me.

I do find it very interesting that dji's firmware and hardware are so inconsistent from product to product.

Hmmm I'm not so sure, the main variable is well US!

hi its located in mauritius island. and its called "vallee des couleurs".
here you can get a better idea. and the best thing here right now is we dont have any law for drone right now , you can fly anywhere you want but safety first.

Thanks!

here is my first flight with my p3p @ v1.4

This cannot be used to compare against your other video. Your other video had the Phantom low to the ground and near walls on a windy day. You had all kinds of turbulence affecting it.
VPS on, over sand, could cause problems as well since there isn't a distinct pattern for it to lock onto.

The video above has the Phantom high in the air removing prop wash (and vps) from the equation.

Do another test with 1.6 and the drone higher in the air on a calm day.

As others have said, everything you've posted looks normal. Take it out for some actual flying and have fun!

For the record, I'm on the latest firmware with no issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl