p3p unstable after updating to v1.06.0040

Reaction score
here is video of my phantom 3 pro after update. from 0 to 16 sec vps was on and i soon as i turn if off the bird move like hell, took control to land at 20 sec. note that it was lock to 20 satellite. do you find this normal?? anyone has the same issues. i wish to have never update.. just send it back will receive in 3 week. hope they got it fixed.

The release notes state you can roll it back to the previous version (v1.5.30.)

The release notes state you can roll it back to the previous version (v1.5.30.)
hi. i did downgrade to previous version but no improvement. calibrate imu several times. even when landing the bird the back feet will touch the ground first.

I'm running 1.6, never have had a problem. I've switched between modes mid flight, it's always been very stable and reliable for me.

I do find it very interesting that dji's firmware and hardware are so inconsistent from product to product.

I have the same sort of problem went from firmware 1.4 to 1.6 and my bird drifts a bit too, and my gimbal shakes a bit now too used to be real steady before the update...anyone know if Im on firmware 1.6 can I roll back to 1.4 or do I need to go to 1.5 Im hoping I can go to 1.4 because she worked great when I was on 1.4?

No you can just dowgrade to 1.5. I have just send the bird to dji now waiiting for it to return. When i received it, i will let you know.

I'm running 1.6, never have had a problem. I've switched between modes mid flight, it's always been very stable and reliable for me.

I do find it very interesting that dji's firmware and hardware are so inconsistent from product to product.
Ya thats what gets me too how can someone with the same exact bird install the firmware the exact same way and yet one has problems with drift and shaking while the other has none, I dont understand it, I did the update steps to a "T": followed everything exactly the way it should be done....everything went smooth, checked log file update successfull yet she drifts and shakes I dont get it....and whats with DJI only letting you go back one firmware, whats wrong with going back 2 or 3 I dont get that either, if the firmware is right from the start we wouldnt even have to rollback at all.....

Reactions: bluer101
Ya thats what gets me too how can someone with the same exact bird install the firmware the exact same way and yet one has problems with drift and shaking while the other has none, I dont understand it, I did the update steps to a "T": followed everything exactly the way it should be done....everything went smooth, checked log file update successfull yet she drifts and shakes I dont get it....and whats with DJI only letting you go back one firmware, whats wrong with going back 2 or 3 I dont get that either, if the firmware is right from the start we wouldnt even have to rollback at all.....

I agree.

On the official DJI forums employees are talking about them working on a fix for the shakes.

I believe you didn't calibrate IMU on a perfect leveled surface. Also caliberate your RC.

It looks to be a calibration problem and not FW issue.

Reactions: Jay H
I believe you didn't calibrate IMU on a perfect leveled surface. Also caliberate your RC.

No I did the IMU on a total level surface checked it with a level totally level, even had the phantom sitting outside for 15 mins in the cold to make sure it was cold when doing it, its definetly not a IMU problem infact thats what I thought from the start too so even did it again a second time to be sure.......not an IMU problem...did the RC twice as well

Same here. Before updating to 1.06 it was much more stable at hovering. Now it drifts around, almost had it hit a the bushes. There is definitely an issue with latest update.

Done a few just to make sure. I even made a special board out of MDF and adjustment bolts so I can perfectly level the phantom. But thanks for the suggestion.

Also if DJI employees are saying its in the works then there has to be something wrong. Luckily mine is not real bad as some have posted.

Done a few just to make sure. I even made a special board out of MDF and adjustment bolts so I can perfectly level the phantom. But thanks for the suggestion.

Also if DJI employees are saying its in the works then there has to be something wrong. Luckily mine is not real bad as some have posted.
You calibrated the imu and compass with it sitting on an mdf board with metal bolts nearby?

You calibrated the imu and compass with it sitting on an mdf board with metal bolts nearby?

I should say 4 very small leg adjusters.

And no, I do not cal my compass on the board. You have to do that holding the phantom.

If this is a problem then the next imu cal I will remove all the screws from my phantom first too. :rolleyes:

I should say 4 very small leg adjusters.

And no, I do not cal my compass on the board. You have to do that holding the phantom.

If this is a problem then the next imu cal I will remove all the screws from my phantom first too. :rolleyes:
Your are right, the imu does only have to do with movement but why not just try to re-calibrate the imu on a different surface? I calibrated my imu for the first time in my computer room but forgot to turn off my computer and the calibration failed, probably due to the fans on the computer. I turned off the computer and the calibration was successful. You can't walk around by it while it calibrates either, it has to be perfectly still.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20