P3p to bottom of creek, 36 hrs later all good

Reaction score
Thanks to forum and YouTube all back working after creek crash.
Took about 20 min to find hung up under log in chest high water but I was not going to give up.
Took battery out shook water out and used blow dryer. Water was pinkish.
Repeated a few times and sat in front of fan.
Happened Sat afternoon and by Sunday aircraft would start up and all motors working fine but camera fogged and gimbal out of whack but no physical damage.
Being a retired professional photographer I knew camera would clear after a day or so because I sunk many cameras and saved all.
So after forum search and YouTube I checked half moon under 5 screws but it was correct. Then look at Allen screw where gimbal arm hangs and saw it was not on flat spot so adjusted and after gimbal auto adjust all fine.
I did use electronic spray in several places and that helped with gimbal motor overload.
I flew with battery that went in water and it worked but doesn't seem to want to charge after my test flight. Still has 3 lites left of charge.
So thanks to all on forum and YouTube.
Still going after 4 treetop to ground crashes and one creek swim. Tough bird

Reactions: Reed L
Thanks to forum and YouTube all back working after creek crash.
Took about 20 min to find hung up under log in chest high water but I was not going to give up.
Took battery out shook water out and used blow dryer. Water was pinkish.
Repeated a few times and sat in front of fan.
Happened Sat afternoon and by Sunday aircraft would start up and all motors working fine but camera fogged and gimbal out of whack but no physical damage.
Being a retired professional photographer I knew camera would clear after a day or so because I sunk many cameras and saved all.
So after forum search and YouTube I checked half moon under 5 screws but it was correct. Then look at Allen screw where gimbal arm hangs and saw it was not on flat spot so adjusted and after gimbal auto adjust all fine.
I did use electronic spray in several places and that helped with gimbal motor overload.
I flew with battery that went in water and it worked but doesn't seem to want to charge after my test flight. Still has 3 lites left of charge.
So thanks to all on forum and YouTube.
Still going after 4 treetop to ground crashes and one creek swim. Tough bird
What's that electronic spray you talked about?

What's that electronic spray you talked about?
Contact cleaner spray sold at most electronic shops, radio shack etc.
Mine was from friends Auto parts store.
After spraying half moon shaft area behind board under 5 screw cover the gimbal overload errors stopped appearing.
Then sprayed any area that had rotation.
Have used spray on guitar pots to clean scratchy sound and on cameras for years. Cleans and must lube a little without damage to electronics.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic