P3P not writing image files after a crash.

Reaction score
After falling top down about 10 feet after landing in a tree, the camera is no longer recording either stills or videos to the SD card. I can still see live video on the controller. But if I take a still photo, the screen goes blank for several seconds before returning to the live feed. The same result occurs when taking video except that the screen stays black for quite a bit longer. In both cases there is no file that is sent to the SD card. Customer support recommends sending it to the factory for service. I'm hoping for a more local solution! Thanks for any suggestions.

Make sure all the gimbal ribbon cables are fully seated and not damaged. That's the easiest thing to look at first.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Fly Dawg. Being a newbie, I'm not sure where to look for all the ribbon cables. I can see a couple on two different sides of the gimbal mount. I'm pushing those in and we'll see if that makes a difference. Can you tell me where to look more specifically?

Can you tell me where to look more specifically?
Not exactly, no. Others may know pin-outs, but I do not. Just check them for any knicks, frays, loose connections or any other damage you might see. They are quite delicate. Use a magnifying glass and look closely for knicks or frays and make sure the connections are secure. If you find any damage in the ribbons, they will most likely need replacing.

Also check the ribbon cables on the gimbal mount as well. Those may be more pertinent.

After falling top down about 10 feet after landing in a tree, the camera is no longer recording either stills or videos to the SD card. I can still see live video on the controller. But if I take a still photo, the screen goes blank for several seconds before returning to the live feed. The same result occurs when taking video except that the screen stays black for quite a bit longer. In both cases there is no file that is sent to the SD card. Customer support recommends sending it to the factory for service. I'm hoping for a more local solution! Thanks for any suggestions.
Just another potential thing to check. Were you recording video when you had your crash? Could the SD card have become corrupted? Have you tried to format the card or tried a different card?

Thanks again for suggestions. I changed to a different SD card following the incident. I have also tried to reseat the ribbon connector, at least the one I can make contact with. I also reset the camera settings. Nothing seems to work. I'm thinking maybe sending for service might be the only answer, someone else has a different suggestion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.