P3P Max Distance/ Altitude 100'

DVP

Reaction score

Everything is up to date and calibrated. Running latest firmware v1.11.20, from 7/6/2017, direct from DJI P3P download page. Everything in the Overview window reads normal.

NOTE: I know that it is recommended that one should calibrate the compass at each and every location, which I was doing.
However I had been getting a voice message saying, 'Home point has been recorded; please check it on the map.'
So without warrant, I grant you, I stopped calibrating the compass at each and every flight local. However, I fly generally, 50' or less in altitude and 100' in distance, doing more intimate shoots.

SCENARIO:

So here again, I did not calibrate the compass.

I went out to a shoot at location #1, when bird was ready, I GOT the, "Home point...' message, deployed the bird and expended one battery; perfect flight.

Moved to location #2, less than a quarter of a mile away, loaded second battery and when bird was ready to fly, I DID NOT get the message, 'Home point..' but deployed the bird. I then got both a voice and visual alert that I had reached my maximum distance of 100' and that I needed to change that in the settings.

Nowhere in the settings, do I have a maximum altitude or distance set.

I have tried flying with all four of my genuine DJI batteries to both 100' in altitude and distance and the same maximum distance message comes up.

Any ideas?

Regardless, I will be calibrating the compass despite flying close because I know it matters. But right now, I am losing shots and work.

Brian | DVP

P.S. I have the manual and have read cover to cover several times since getting the P3P.

This similar issue has been discussed many times. With the latest Go app, did you connect to the internet and log in? You must do this at least once or you will get distance and altitude limits. If you did not do this, simply start the go app with No RC or AC, while connected to the internet and you should get a login splash screen. Log in there, then you may log out and fly normally. Hopefully this is what your issue is.

NOTE: I know that it is recommended that one should calibrate the compass at each and every location, which I was doing.
As an additional note, this is not correct. You should only calibrate the compass when necessary. Calibrating each time will cause more issues. Unless you are traveling several hundred miles from you last compass calibration you should not need to re-calibrate.

Reactions: Oso

Everything is up to date and calibrated. Running latest firmware v1.11.20, from 7/6/2017, direct from DJI P3P download page. Everything in the Overview window reads normal.

However I had been getting a voice message saying, 'Home point has been recorded; please check it on the map.'
So without warrant, I grant you, I stopped calibrating the compass at each and every flight local. However, I fly generally, 50' or less in altitude and 100' in distance, doing more intimate shoots.

SCENARIO:

I went out to a shoot at location #1, when bird was ready, I GOT the, "Home point...' message, deployed the bird and expended one battery; perfect flight.

Moved to location #2, less than a quarter of a mile away, loaded second battery and when bird was ready to fly, I DID NOT get the message, 'Home point..' but deployed the bird. I then got both a voice and visual alert that I had reached my maximum distance of 100' and that I needed to change that in the settings.

I have tried flying with all four of my genuine DJI batteries to both 100' in altitude and distance and the same maximum distance message comes up.

Any ideas?

Regardless, I will be calibrating the compass despite flying close because I know it matters. But right now, I am losing shots and work.

Brian | DVP

P.S. I have the manual and have read cover to cover several times since getting the P3P.

SCENARIO:

Any ideas?

Brian | DVP

I have the same thing going on with my P3S no home port and maximum distance message also no settings on distance.
Please let me know if you find out anything .
thanks

Fly Dawg,

Thanks for the input.

Yes, I am logged in and have been.

And thanks for the heads-up on the compass calibration. I will follow your advice.

I just got off the phone with DJI Tech and re-installing the Go App cured the ill.

Thanks again for your taking the time.

Brian | DVP

<sigh> Following the latest update regarding the loss of normal distance and/or altitude, it appears pilots are simply not following the DJI FW relink instructions to the letter and the resulting threads are getting very tedious.
There is a search function here for a reason......
Sorry everyone - I'm having a very bad and stroppy day.

<sigh> Following the latest update regarding the loss of normal distance and/or altitude, it appears pilots are simply not following the DJI FW relink instructions to the letter and the resulting threads are getting very tedious.
I second that. Tedious is not the word, but it works. Try monotonous.

Reactions: Numone
To be clear, if I wasn't to start with, I have flown countless times since the update. Zero issues. Care to explain?

Relink did not seem to be an issue up until now, for seemingly some unknown reason.

More appropriately, if someone is going to make something, make it work. Not issue one firmware update to fix the last while incapacitating who knows how many with yet another task. To fix what was supposed to be the fix.

And while we are 'piloting' we are not actually bonafide licensed 'pilots'. We memorized/ became familiar with airspace, METARS, TAFs, etc., and without flying an inch vertically or horizontally, to demonstrate a certain degree of ability let alone prowess, we are handed a certification; which I have. But a pilot? If so, round is square with very soft edges.

But with all due respect, if this is tedious/ monotonous, why are you here? I can tell you I do appreciate your time and effort but remember, people are not trying to make this happen nor want it.

And, for the record, I tried your 'search function' here with your exact words and got nothing.

Brian | DVP

Reactions: Ranger153
As you now know, this is definitely not recommended. If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. One of the tips is regarding compass calibrations, so perhaps there will be an additional tip or two you will find useful.

We have been seeing more and more people report that when changing batteries the flight restrictions return. We had one in this forum just yesterday (click here to see) and other DJI forums are seeing this reported as well. They have mentioned a scenario similar to yours that all was fine after the update, no more restrictions, but then when they changed batteries suddenly the restrictions are back.

It appears to be some sort of bug, but I don't think there has been anything officially saying so.

But with all due respect, if this is tedious/ monotonous, why are you here? I can tell you I do appreciate your time and effort but remember, people are not trying to make this happen nor want it.
The intent of the "tedious" and "monotonous" was not directed to any individual and from my prospective only involved one particular subject which has been discussed thread after thread after thread...and so on. The same "basic" issue seems to arise more than others and has been beaten to death. And you ask "why are you here"? I as many others try to assist other "Operators" ( Notice I did not say Pilots) in issues, questions and general information that other OP's may be interested in or may need to know and offer possible resolutions for issues. That's why it is always best to do a thorough search before posting to be sure that you haven't duplicated a particular issue. It is seen time and time again. Word your searches in different ways and you will be surprised that you may find your answer and never need to post. And I do get your point, to be clear.

The intent of the "tedious" and "monotonous" was not directed to any individual and from my prospective only involved one particular subject which has been discussed thread after thread after thread...and so on. The same "basic" issue seems to arise more than others and has been beaten to death. And you ask "why are you here"? I as many others try to assist other "Operators" ( Notice I did not say Pilots) in issues, questions and general information that other OP's may be interested in or may need to know and offer possible resolutions for issues. That's why it is always best to do a thorough search before posting to be sure that you haven't duplicated a particular issue. It is seen time and time again. Word your searches in different ways and you will be surprised that you may find your answer and never need to post. And I do get your point, to be clear.
Hear-hear Fly-Dawg. I wasn't directing my rant at DVP either, just the repetitive threads on the same subject...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl