P3P lost signal at 60 meters and dropped straight down

Reaction score
The drone and the RC lost the connection at approximately 60 meters and the drone just dropped straight down ... anyone experienced anything like this ... I have sent the flight log details to DJI and have to wait 10 days for their findings.

Loss of control or video signal alone is not enough to cause it to drop from the sky.
However loss of power would explain both.

Anything else you can recall occurring?

Sounds like complete loss of power.
Did you double slap the battery when inserting?
There was a known batch of batteries that had a 1mm gap when inserting.

Sounds like complete loss of power.
Did you double slap the battery when inserting?
There was a known batch of batteries that had a 1mm gap when inserting.

I have noticed my new battery having fitment issues.. It does require extra force to insert and remove it..

I think the tight fit of the battery compartment is a design choice. I'd rather have it tight than loose, users just have to make sure the battery is clicked in all the way prior to take off.

I think the tight fit of the battery compartment is a design choice. I'd rather have it tight than loose, users just have to make sure the battery is clicked in all the way prior to take off.
There are documented cases on this forum where the operator swore he shoved it all the way in.

Oh yes, the rest of the story-- I was one of those, just happened to get mine landed before it lost power, because the vibrations will back the battery out further until power is lost. Double check it every flight-- :):)

I did. They did the analysis and it came back as there problem. Mine fell in the ocean. As it was going out about the same distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl