P3P lens protector

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm in need of a replacement lens protector, if that's the correct name, to replace the original one that I cracked. This is the piece that screws onto the camera in front of the lens. I have several ND filters that I use as needed, but my clip on holder/lock that secures the camera during transit won't fit over the larger diameter filters. I've looked everywhere and no one seems to even show ever stocking this item. Any ideas?

Hello all.
I'm in need of a replacement lens protector, if that's the correct name, to replace the original one that I cracked. This is the piece that screws onto the camera in front of the lens. I have several ND filters that I use as needed, but my clip on holder/lock that secures the camera during transit won't fit over the larger diameter filters. I've looked everywhere and no one seems to even show ever stocking this item. Any ideas?
I think it's DJI part 45 and it's called a UV filter. I've done a quick search and the price seems to have gone up since I last looked.

Here's one link as an example, but you may find it cheaper with a Google/Ebay/Amazon/Aliexpress search.

DJI Phantom 3 - UV Filter Pack (Pro/Adv) - Part 45

That looks like it. Considering the price, they must be pretty proud of it. Didn't realize it was a u/v filter, I thought it was just a protector only. You're probably correct that I can find a better price elsewhere now that I know what it's # is. Thanks for the quick reply.

You can also think to buy a set of filters (UV, CP, ND), will be somehow more expensive but will improve video quality.

You can also think to buy a set of filters (UV, CP, ND), will be somehow more expensive but will improve video quality.

He already has the filters but he cannot get his 3rd party camera lock on ...

To OP ... if you go back to the Gimbal Lock that was supplied with the P3 ... that will go on as it does not go over the lens part. I assume you have a 3rd party lock ?

When DJI service saw mine - which is the usual lens cap and then arm up to lock into the gimbal board .... they reckon it damages the setup !! Yeh OK ... they were adamant the original plastic jobbie is the one to use.

Nigel

He already has the filters but he cannot get his 3rd party camera lock on ...

To OP ... if you go back to the Gimbal Lock that was supplied with the P3 ... that will go on as it does not go over the lens part. I assume you have a 3rd party lock ?

When DJI service saw mine - which is the usual lens cap and then arm up to lock into the gimbal board .... they reckon it damages the setup !! Yeh OK ... they were adamant the original plastic jobbie is the one to use.

Nigel
Yes, you are right. On my ND filters, they are same size as the UV filter, so I don't have that issue.
Never see a bigger filter than the original one, but you idea is good, the original big clamp should work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl