P3P Intermittent Video Interruption

Reaction score
This past Monday and Wednesday I flew my P3P in 26* F temperatures. Both days were cloudy but visibility was very good. I live in West Michigan.
On Monday I used my Huawei Wunderphone and Tuesday I used my iPad Mini.
On both days the screen would go blank or partially blank for a short while. I have both devices set to a maximum range of 800m. The screen would blank out both at far and short distances.
I had the antennas pointed in the proper manner also.
This is the first time this has happened as I have had many flights before with similar conditions. I have not made any changes to the AC or RC nor the monitor.
Any suggestions as to what to do?

Describe further what you infer about "Blanking" out. Does the screen instantaneously go "Black" or is this more like weak signal, which would be pixelizing. If this is the former, I would first try a different cable from the device to the RC. The latter would be a different issue. If this occurs with both devices, it is possible that you could have an "Intermittent" USB port issue on the RC. That is about all that comes to mind at the moment.

As the issue was seen on two different monitoring devices, the issue appears to be on RC. As pointed out by fly dawg, there are high chances that usb cable or port on RC has gone bad. Try with new cable first and if that doesn’t work, look into usb contacts.

To answer your question, the screen goes black. Now,something that I did not think of and therefore did not mention, I just installed a HDMI module on the transmitter.

Oh so you started getting problem after installing hdmi module, please check if all ribbon cables are sitting properly and clamps are on to hold them to positions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers