P3P Firmware V1.07.0043 PLUS APP

This maybe a good time for me to explain this Geo System the best that I currently know it. From what I understand is, this system will unlock all the areas you request. In my observation, it will take any and all responsibility out of dji's lap and place it in yours. If you chose to break the law, that will be between you and whatever agency area you violated. You register through dji with your email address and by using either a credit card, cell phone number, or something else that I forgot.It is free with no cost.

So at any rate, someone planted bad seeds and put fear in many that this was going to be something that it is not, including myself, that is until I dug into it some. Now there is some out there that still feel that there is more to this. And if there is, there is not much that can be done about it at this point. I myself believe that it is just what I first mentioned which was that it is something that removes dji from all aspects of it. And that's all I know for now.
Maybe it's a good time to put Brendan's post and GEO video back on the front page of the forum.

DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 In Dec | Page 10 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Are the authorization methods working during this testing phase? I might be brave enough to give it a try.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Still won't be able to fly in what they deem to be restrictive areas. It's my understanding that Only the Authoritative areas can be overridden.

This maybe a good time for me to explain this Geo System the best that I currently know it. From what I understand is, this system will unlock all the areas you request. In my observation, it will take any and all responsibility out of dji's lap and place it in yours. If you chose to break the law, that will be between you and whatever agency area you violated. You register through dji with your email address and by using either a credit card, cell phone number, or something else that I forgot.It is free with no cost.

So at any rate, someone planted bad seeds and put fear in many that this was going to be something that it is not, including myself, that is until I dug into it some. Now there is some out there that still feel that there is more to this. And if there is, there is not much that can be done about it at this point. I myself believe that it is just what I first mentioned which was that it is something that removes dji from all aspects of it. And that's all I know for now.
I hope you are right. BUT, DJI did state that that they would NOT unlock DC for obvious reasons.
Meanwhile due to DJIs handling of its latest fw,I will wait till someone else in the DC area does it first and reports back.

I hope you are right. BUT, DJI did state that that they would NOT unlock DC for obvious reasons.
Meanwhile due to DJIs handling of its latest fw,I will wait till someone else in the DC area does it first and reports back.
They are not unlocking the first 15 mile radius around the white house. You are correct... They are currently classifying it as a restrictive zone.

Their are bigger problems than just DC. has anyone looked at the zones DJI has created for the upcoming 1.7 firmware. We are all about to get screwed by this crappy Chinese company. I'm so pissed I bought my p3 three months ago and now all these horrible restrictions are coming. Look for "geofencing" or the "1.7 firmware" threads on the dji forums. You'll see what's about to happen...
The zones are ridiculous. Some even cover an entire city...totally and utterly disappointed at this approach from Dji...

cities? The yellow covers the entire country for some. Even worse is that areas like the open ocean requires unlocking.
The problem now is that you need to plan your location before flight and obtain a 3 day pass for that area. If the area is restricted and you don't have reception then you need to drive around and find reception. If you're in another country and no data - bad luck. This takes away the spontaneous part of flying. You cant just chuck the P3 in the boot and go to a random place and catch a nice sunrise/sunset. DJI needs to lower the restriction to allow a pop box that appears for yellow and green zones, acknowledging that you are responsible and NOT DJI. In red zone - keep them restricted or provide details or written permissions to override. Eg you have permission from the stadium to fly for a college football game.

cities? The yellow covers the entire country for some. Even worse is that areas like the open ocean requires unlocking.
The problem now is that you need to plan your location before flight and obtain a 3 day pass for that area. If the area is restricted and you don't have reception then you need to drive around and find reception. If you're in another country and no data - bad luck. This takes away the spontaneous part of flying. You cant just chuck the P3 in the boot and go to a random place and catch a nice sunrise/sunset. DJI needs to lower the restriction to allow a pop box that appears for yellow and green zones, acknowledging that you are responsible and NOT DJI. In red zone - keep them restricted or provide details or written permissions to override. Eg you have permission from the stadium to fly for a college football game.

Plus the authorization needs to be done 24hrs in advance. Even if you have an Internet connection in a remote location, you can only fly there after your authorization has been given after the 24hr waiting period..

Anyone know if this is going to affect Canada in any way ? Or is this US only ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is a bit OT, but since it was brought up in the thread...

Has anyone played with the gain values to see if that increases vertical or horizontal speed? Technically, it's the increased pitch in Atti that gives it greater horizontal speed over P-GPS. And gain specifically, not attitude or expo.

I wonder if higher gains might translate to more maneuverability?

And on an unrelated note, depending how cleverly this system is designed, I wonder how hard it'll be to "fake" the no fly zone authorizations. Like sniffing out the file/command that's ultimately sent to the bird to disable the specific NFZ.

Somehow I doubt DJI has put in a significant amount of effort into cryptologically securing their solution.

This is a bit OT, but since it was brought up in the thread...

Has anyone played with the gain values to see if that increases vertical or horizontal speed? Technically, it's the increased pitch in Atti that gives it greater horizontal speed over P-GPS. And gain specifically, not attitude or expo.

I wonder if higher gains might translate to more maneuverability?

I tried doing this in the past with no luck. The P3 limits the amount of pitch, and speed comes from the amount of time it remains at that pitch limit. As it flies in distance the pitch reduces.

I tried doing this in the past with no luck. The P3 limits the amount of pitch, and speed comes from the amount of time it remains at that pitch limit. As it flies in distance the pitch reduces.

Shucks, figured as much, but good to hear confirmation.

Also, taking a quick peek at the SQLite database on Android for DJI Go is rather insightful. Full list of all NFZs, their centered Lat/Long, their radius, and their ID codes. Plus the rather uncryptic field of "disable" next to each entry, with what looks like a "start" and "end" time stamp.

Will need to play with this some more, but it sure looks like there might be some fun to be had here. Did someone say "magic file to disable all NFZs"?

OTOH, this could all easily be encrypted or otherwise protected by final release time. So I guess we'll see. Certainly a lot safer to mess with this than trying to hack the firmware itself.

Their are bigger problems than just DC. has anyone looked at the zones DJI has created for the upcoming 1.7 firmware. We are all about to get screwed by this crappy Chinese company. I'm so pissed I bought my p3 three months ago and now all these horrible restrictions are coming. Look for "geofencing" or the "1.7 firmware" threads on the dji forums. You'll see what's about to happen...
The zones are ridiculous. Some even cover an entire city...totally and utterly disappointed at this approach from Dji...
Crappy company ? What is this ,the age of "I hate you and you're ugly too" ?

Dear lord...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl