P3P Firmware V1.07.0043 PLUS APP

Reaction score
Not many are aware of this but firmware 1.07.0043 is out for the P3P, P3A, and Inspire1. It's located in the GEO Systems page on dji.com. Scroll to the bottom of dji.com and select GEO Systems.

The APP is also updated. It has stuff all related to your location. You have the option to disable it if you don't want it showing up on your google map at any point. There is also an area where you go to make request with dji for approval to fly in certain zones.

The best part is.....the 32 Channel mod works with the version number posted. This is a beta version and not a published released version. It can and likely will change in some way prior to being the published version.

I have yet to even load the published version of 1.5.3 yet. I'm on a version that the speed is not effected. Not sure what route I want go, if I even do.

I've seen a thread or two about it, and several grossly inaccurate stories in the media about the new FW.

Frank - you need separate Phantoms for personal use and for beta testing use!

I've seen a thread or two about it, and several grossly inaccurate stories in the media about the new FW.

Frank - you need separate Phantoms for personal use and for beta testing use!

What I would really be happy with is the ability to change settings per my own liking, such as the speed mph more then any other. When we lost the ability to no longer load backwards, and our flight distance was drastically reduced, I nearly didn't get any sleep until I found someone with the ability to hack the FW and allow us to load backwards again. I can't rely anymore as he was offered and now working for dji. lol

Anyone out there want to try to make the P3 fly faster? :D

I went back to 1.5 from 1.6. I tried it today and it was so sluggish. Even the brake does not work as it was. Did not tried the roll back yet, I hope it came how it was. Does 1.7 effect speed?

I went back to 1.5 from 1.6. I tried it today and it was so sluggish. Even the brake does not work as it was. Did not tried the roll back yet, I hope it came how it was. Does 1.7 effect speed?

I'm sure it does effect the speed. That will never change, unless we either request a revision by a large number of pilots, or unless some write a hack or builds a plug in device to over come the restriction.

I'm scared to try it since I'm in the DC area. I don't want to to be the first to try the 15-30 mile Authoritative Zone which requires a credit card. I want to hear that it works.

It's bad enough that have to drive 20-30 minutes just to fly. If they push me to having to drive 30 miles from the white house I will probably freak out.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm scared to try it since I'm in the DC area. I don't want to to be the first to try the 15-30 mile Authoritative Zone which requires a credit card. I want to hear that it works.

It's bad enough that have to drive 20-30 minutes just to fly. If they push me to having to drive 30 miles from the white house I will probably freak out.

Doesn't it say credit card OR mobile phone number? Let them text you and reply to it

Im new to all this and find this stuff very interesting. What do you mean by the best part is the 32 channel mod? Is that used for the hd signal feed? Also how long does dji test this before its out for a full release?

Will this update fix issues with the p3p like no signal and vibrations? Or is it just putting in place the new mapping features and no-fly fly zones

What I would really be happy with is the ability to change settings per my own liking, such as the speed mph more then any other. When we lost the ability to no longer load backwards, and our flight distance was drastically reduced, I nearly didn't get any sleep until I found someone with the ability to hack the FW and allow us to load backwards again. I can't rely anymore as he was offered and now working for dji. lol

Anyone out there want to try to make the P3 fly faster? :D
I will give a 100 bucks to anyone that will design a firmware with the ability to adjust speed, and do away with the battery "failsafe" stupid firmware.:D If we get enough people together to pledge a donation, I'm sure one of these computer genius's will make something for us.:cool:

Ok guys I guess I missed something I did the latest firmware update last week and since its been snowing here in Texas I have been waiting for a decent day to fly. I picked today to fly and I got this can someone please tell me how I do this update?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451778180.493543.jpg

Ok guys I guess I missed something I did the latest firmware update last week and since its been snowing here in Texas I have been waiting for a decent day to fly. I picked today to fly and I got this can someone please tell me how I do this update?

View attachment 39257

Put the .bin file for the latest firmware (1.6.040) on the root of the Micro SD card as if you were updating the aircraft. Power on the remote and then the aircraft and, if your Phantom is already on this firmware, the battery firmware upgrade process will take place. It takes about 2 minutes per battery and you have to do it for every battery you have.

J

Death by a thousand cuts! Another update. You can go back but will eventually have to upgrade for one reason or another. Seems like a minor upgrade.Wonder if they could have waited for some bigger fix?

I will give a 100 bucks to anyone that will design a firmware with the ability to adjust speed, and do away with the battery "failsafe" stupid firmware.:D If we get enough people together to pledge a donation, I'm sure one of these computer genius's will make something for us.:cool:

I'll match you $100 making it $200. Bring on the genius!

Anyone have a recent flight log while flying with 1.6.4 they don't mind sharing? I need to confirm when the power reduction is taking place.

Same here. You wont find me updating till I know everything about it.
warsi.jpg

This maybe a good time for me to explain this Geo System the best that I currently know it. From what I understand is, this system will unlock all the areas you request. In my observation, it will take any and all responsibility out of dji's lap and place it in yours. If you chose to break the law, that will be between you and whatever agency area you violated. You register through dji with your email address and by using either a credit card, cell phone number, or something else that I forgot.It is free with no cost.

So at any rate, someone planted bad seeds and put fear in many that this was going to be something that it is not, including myself, that is until I dug into it some. Now there is some out there that still feel that there is more to this. And if there is, there is not much that can be done about it at this point. I myself believe that it is just what I first mentioned which was that it is something that removes dji from all aspects of it. And that's all I know for now.

Reactions: MindFever

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj