P3p esc error for no reason.

Reaction score
I guess I’m hoping that someone can help me figure this esc error before I have to send it to DJI and have to pay for things that’s probably not the real problem. The last time I flew the drone there was no problems or even a hard landing and a few days later I went to fly and received a esc error witch is driving me nuts. The only thing I tried differently and not sure if it’s why this happened or just coincidence but I tried to use the app dreamflights for the first time but never was able to start the motors so started the dji app and seen the esc error. I didn’t install or take off prop guards or did I do any firmware updates. I did download the flight data from the drone but not really sure if I can tell what is causing the issue from that so if anyone can help or had similar problem I would extremely appreciate any feedback that might help.

Did you do a cold restart on the tablet, rc, and aircraft, and remove Dreamflights from the tablet? That should be done to ensure that there is no software interference. You can then check for the esc warning again. If it is still there, check each of the motors for free movement. They should all turn freely by hand, and feel the same. Anything that interferes with the motors or props can cause that warning.

A further observation I have never experienced any DJI warnings that were not real errors. Folks generally blame DJI for causing errors, where in reality the drone is alerting you to real problems that have the potential for crashes.

As has been said, an ESC error means there is an ESC error, the motor control circuit has a problem. May I suggest you go here! They are brilliant!

Mind you they probably won't like the fact that you ran a third party program, why would you do that? What is "Dreamflights"?

A further observation I have never experienced any DJI warnings that were not real errors. Folks generally blame DJI for causing errors, where in reality the drone is alerting you to real problems that have the potential for crashes.

I would be really happy if DJI only alerted me about "real problems" instead of making my drone a brick.

Like with the app which refused me to take off because it wanted to update. In the field, over 8 hours away from home. I lost a whole day that time. How was that a real problem? Everything worked, I just had an app version which could potentially be modified and give me more control over the drone. And I didn't modified it - just the fact that it was possible, that some hacker, somewhere, developed a modified version of that app - that was enough for Dji to make my drone unusable.

Or with firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020, which introduced strict checking of some ESC parameters - which resulted in the exact error described by OP - "ESC Status Error". Not due to issues, but due to firmware update. It was not an indicator of something being wrong, drones just had large spread of these parameters during production.
I asked OGs from Github about this - they said it was a bug fix - previous code was so sloppy that the checking function was inactive, and Dji didn't noticed.
They speculate that expected range of parameters coded there was never tested, because the buggy code didn't worked. So they coded a very strict checking - because during their tests, that never triggered ESC error. And then, strangely, they found that bug just at end of Ph3 support. A happy coincidence - as many people got "ESC Status Error" just at a right time to buy new Ph4.

Mind you they probably won't like the fact that you ran a third party program, why would you do that? What is "Dreamflights"?

All 3rd party flight helpers are based on Dji Mobile SDK. Developed by Dji. Supplied by Dji. Supported by Dji.
If Dji service even tries to bring that up, I'd treat it as a try to scam the user.

(I got a bit angry. but the issues I described really got under my skin)

Reactions: Oso
As has been said, an ESC error means there is an ESC error, the motor control circuit has a problem. May I suggest you go here! They are brilliant!

Dreamflights is a vr app that had a free trial to use a cheap set of goggles and that was the only thing I did differently and all motors are free and all spin the same. I tried resetting everything from remote,phone,drone,the dji app and deleted dreamflights and still get the error

I wasn’t blaming anyone but have read many times where they send there drone in for repair and all of sudden say it a bad board and 2 bad motors and I don’t know there true stories but it seems odd that all that will go bad at one time when there saying they had the same situation as me with no crashes or hard landing and all motors are free and all of a sudden it has problems from not flying it for a week. It just makes me a little nervous

I would be really happy if DJI only alerted me about "real problems" instead of making my drone a brick.

Like with the app which refused me to take off because it wanted to update. In the field, over 8 hours away from home. I lost a whole day that time. How was that a real problem? Everything worked, I just had an app version which could potentially be modified and give me more control over the drone. And I didn't modified it - just the fact that it was possible, that some hacker, somewhere, developed a modified version of that app - that was enough for Dji to make my drone unusable.

Or with firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020, which introduced strict checking of some ESC parameters - which resulted in the exact error described by OP - "ESC Status Error". Not due to issues, but due to firmware update. It was not an indicator of something being wrong, drones just had large spread of these parameters during production.
I asked OGs from Github about this - they said it was a bug fix - previous code was so sloppy that the checking function was inactive, and Dji didn't noticed.
They speculate that expected range of parameters coded there was never tested, because the buggy code didn't worked. So they coded a very strict checking - because during their tests, that never triggered ESC error. And then, strangely, they found that bug just at end of Ph3 support. A happy coincidence - as many people got "ESC Status Error" just at a right time to buy new Ph4.

All 3rd party flight helpers are based on Dji Mobile SDK. Developed by Dji. Supplied by Dji. Supported by Dji.
If Dji service even tries to bring that up, I'd treat it as a try to scam the user.

(I got a bit angry. but the issues I described really got under my skin)

That’s the firmware I’m running and so many times I’ve read about the same issue I’m having and people send it to dji and it needs a board and 2 motors and out of nowhere things break on there own and I don’t know if it’s from that app or is it because I live near a airport and they have the new lancc to get authorization and the airport near me is not on the list. If I go 100 ft up the road I can fly up to 200 ft but I have not walked to see if it would work there or not but wouldnt cause a error but who knows

I clicked on the tab where you said to go and it brought me to the dji store

I clicked on the tab where you said to go and it brought me to the dji store
Scroll to the bottom of the page, then select you "Online Support, then select your AC and then there is link there to "Product and Technical Support". There are some FAQ's and at the bottom of that page it says "Still need help, contact Online Support" which takes you to the Live Chat. Very Helpful!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj