P3P Camera Focus ?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was just wondering if you peeps would kindly look over a few of my photos taken with my P3P,
I could be completely wrong but I'm confident that the focusing on my camera isn't working properly,
These photos that I have uploaded look to be out of focus in some parts and seem to be fuzzy and blurry,
This is a just delivered P3P brand new out of the box first flight,
I updated everything before flying using a SanDisk 64gb extreme SD card,
I left the camera on automatic for these shots,
Today was overcast too,
What are your thoughts on these photos ?,
Is this normal and am I expecting too much from the camera,
I have upgraded from a P3S,
Do I need to return this to the seller here in the uk for a replacement, or is this all ok ?,
Please do help me and give your opinions,
Kindly appreciated in advance,
Thank you.
fe3621ce48a720bf6de69e20e8866a63.jpg
b
90054591afbcb69dd7787c3304a0d9c2.jpg
96320ccaa79a41de7d0d7df09bd28c19.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am wondering what type of post processing you have done, if any? Depending on your camera settings, most digital photographs can benefit from digital sharpening, and in the underexposure of your first and second photographs, some levels or curves adjustments may be called for. Do you have a program which you can use to adjust those parameters?

I downloaded your middle photo and adjusted shadows and highlights and did a little sharpening. It looks better to my eyes. You may disagree.

Attachments

• 90054591afbcb69dd7787c3304a0d9c2 mod.jpg
    90054591afbcb69dd7787c3304a0d9c2 mod.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 320
I never normally do any post processing on my photos,
But on the above I used Adobe Lightroom iPad app,
And used the dehaze feature,
The sharpened one looks good I've not tried that yet,
My main concern was that the houses to the left were not in focus properly,
Of is this normal for the type of day / lighting ?
Hope I answer both above, thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The lens on all of the Phantoms is a fixed focus lens. If it is out of adjustment from one side to the other it must have been knocked out of alignment, unless it came from the factory misaligned in some way.

An obvious problem I see is the exposure. A camera can only expose properly for the bright area, or the dark area in a scene. Here you have a very bright sky, and by comparison, a dark foreground. Basically, the camera says to itself, "oh, that sky is so bright, to get a properly exposed photo I must darken down the entire photo." You can pan down so the foreground takes up most of the photo and then your exposure will be more normal, as the camera will not be confused as to what it should expose for. A photo like that can also be corrected in post processing, using a mask, or with other techniques.

Reactions: Liam_89

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic