P3P bricked and FW failed upgrade

Reaction score
Please, can someone help me?
I did fw upgrade for the latest version and my phantom stopped to work and link rc. I have tried to fix this problem at least 10 times, tried to link rc reinstall fw, use debug but nothing...☹️. I think a need a fw file to hard reset or recovery the fw into the ac...
Take a look the log error

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    211.2 KB · Views: 427
Your Tx firmware MUST match your p3p firmware
Search
( ENCRYPTION )
Pre encryption
Post encryption

Both MUST be PRE
OR
Both MUST be POST

And remember you can upgrade the bird to another newer firmware, even if you skip several to get there, but you can only revert by ( 1 )! Is my understanding!

I had several problems with my p3p when I used a different remote I bought, with early firmware, was a headache, but after some trial and error, I found a matching pair, and has been great ever since, now I do not upgrade at all! ( if it works DONT FIX IT! ) is my theory!

I cannot remember which firmware switched to encryption codes? Sorry, but I'm sure you can find the answer pretty easily by searching here or YouTube!

Also if you are able to post here, I'm sure someone can help you!
Your Tx firmware, a/c firmware, and app version!
This will help
Also what version you are trying to get to, as well!

( looks to me like your Tx version 1.8.0, is not supported by current A/c firmware ) and might need upgraded for them to not conflict one another!
Or A/c reverted, if possible , to a firmware which supports 1.8.0!

Good luck to you!

J Dot
:cool:

Thank you J Dot, but my main issue is the FW can not beings installed, every time i tried, it fails... I tried install many differents fw, but the processes doesn't finish and fails. I think because this I can not lind the TX, I did the downgrade for 1.6.0 and 1.5.8 rc but didn't work... I think the only way to make the AC bind again is get the fw installed... do you know some especific firmware that can recovery?

Did you try a different SD card?
And you are only loading the BIN file correct?
First format the card
Then load ONLY the BIN firmware file ( nothing else on SD card ) and tried it that way?

There are a few tricks to force firmware load, let me search, I cannot remember off the top of my head, brb ( be right back! )

I'll see if I can find the link for you:

J Dot

Ok
Found it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please let me know if you have already tried this?
Or if not, let me know if it worked!

And we will go from there!

J Dot

Yes, I did it, but every time I do it, the firmware start to be update, but finish in 20 minutes and the red light keep on, the buzzy "dddddddddddddd" showing the upgrade failed. I have tried it at least 10 times... i think the fw into the aircraft is corrupted, and I need to find one way to put in the SD card a fw recovery, diferent of the regular one. I formatted the sd twince and use different also...

Yes, I did it, but every time I do it, the firmware start to be update, but finish in 20 minutes and the red light keep on, the buzzy "dddddddddddddd" showing the upgrade failed. I have tried it at least 10 times... i think the fw into the aircraft is corrupted, and I need to find one way to put in the SD card a fw recovery, diferent of the regular one. I formatted the sd twince and use different also...

Than I would try the firmwares, 1 at a time until one takes, just erase SD card between firmwares.

I'm not sure what is going on?
Also if avail try a different computer?
Just sounds strange to me!

See if above helps at all?

J Dot

Yes. Weird m, but i tried different fw's already. I even use a debug file + fw, and the same result... red light and firmware failed...
I tried 5 diferents firmwares...

Here are a couple things I found

Have you tried these?

J

Yes, I did. But difference is that, in my case, the updated failed many time, not
Sucess

Yes, I did. But difference is that, in my case, the updated failed many time, not
Sucess
So to me it sounds like your OFDM board is having issues and may need to be replaced or has something disconnected. I say that because your log_ab file shows as failing for module 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
So to me it sounds like your OFDM board is having issues and may need to be replaced or has something disconnected. I say that because your log_ab file shows as failing for module 19.

Do you know what a mean module 19?
OFDM board.

Read this post and then that members follow up posts:
Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

LOG_AB Module Mapping.JPG

Also, for more info on the modules and their firmware, click here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
But how I can fix it? I suppose to downgrade firmware to 1.5 version + debug file?

I'm having a huge problem with my phantom 3 pro. I did a upgrade for the latest version and I have problems with altitude limits. So I decided to donwgrade for previous FW using debug file. Big mistake. My phantom doesn't work anymore. Tried to reinstall the firmware but always fails. 10 time I tried. The log file above. Problem in the module 19. Someone can help me on this?

As I understood, a need to have a file that calls "firmware recovery.bin" or "service.bin" that needs to have on this the complete firmware to reinstall in the internal memory if the drone. In anothers words, my phantom now in like a laptop that the windows or os is corrupted e need to have the complete windows installed again. Am i right? So, please, does anyone has this file to send to me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan