P3A won't let me ascend past 100ft an go father then like 120ft

As I said, the batteries are not a problem. The problem is dji go application that works in the background. When you spend the first battery and landing, turn off the phantom, insert another battery You MUST SHUT DOWN the DJ GO APPLICATION before the phantom ignition. Fully exit the app not only "back" but kill its work in the background. Example: double tap home key, pull up dji go app to exit completely(ios). We also tested the Phantom 4. We do not have this problem with the height and distance limit. Phantom 3 and phantom 4 share the same problem with temporarily disconnecting remote and phantom. Second common problem is "weak image transmission signal". All this came with new firmware v1.11.20. With problem which limits your flight distance the older version of phantom 3 p/a are affected (older version of motors especially)
I must say that through whole process you must be loged in dji go app on your phone/tablet which is connected with your remote.

Last edited:
Reactions: beb
How would you know if you were logged in? I go into the main screen we're you see your drone and it ask you to go into camera settings. Instead of going to camera I go into settings to were it says log out. So that is telling me that I am logged in.

So I log out just for the sake of augment log back in so I consider that knowing that I am correctly logged in.

Please tell me if that is wrong.

Thanks for the feedback broski! [emoji1488]

You just have to goto Skypixel.. if it states login, guess what? Yep, you're not logged into your account.

As I said, the batteries are not a problem. The problem is dji go application that works in the background. When you spend the first battery and landing, turn off the phantom, insert another battery You MUST SHUT DOWN the DJ GO APPLICATION before the phantom ignition. Fully exit the app not only "back" but kill its work in the background. Example: double tap home key, pull up dji go app to exit completely(ios). We also tested the Phantom 4. We do not have this problem with the height and distance limit. Phantom 3 and phantom 4 share the same problem with temporarily disconnecting remote and phantom. Second common problem is "weak image transmission signal". All this came with new firmware v1.11.20. With problem which limits your flight distance the older version of phantom 3 p/a are affected (older version of motors especially)
I must say that through whole process you must be loged in dji go app on your phone/tablet which is connected with your remote.
Yes, I think you're totally correct. I flew a quick test flight after I updated and I then shut down the iPad. The next time I flew, obviously I had to reopen the app and I had no issues flying with the other two batteries.

As I said, the batteries are not a problem. The problem is dji go application that works in the background. When you spend the first battery and landing, turn off the phantom, insert another battery You MUST SHUT DOWN the DJ GO APPLICATION before the phantom ignition.

Very interesting. I haven't done an update since June of '16 just because everything was working fine. I recently got two new batteries and since they needed an update I went ahead and updated everything. First flight no problem at all (old battery) second flight, new battery hit that limit wall. Brought it back, went into the app and checked beginner mode, made sure I was still signed in. I did turn beginner mode on and off but right now I can't remember if I shut down the app completely or not but I think I did. Took back off and had no problem.
The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure I did shutdown completely between flights like you said but I can't be 100% sure. Will test later if I go out. Thanks for the info.

Oh almost forgot. Same thing happened to my brother with the new batteries but he had flown again since without a problem.

Anyone know if the new batteries could cause this in their first flight?

Hello Everyone. I read the forum regularly although I'm not active in writing. This time I share the problem with my fellow pilots. My Phantom 3 Adv can not fly more than 30m in height and in the distance. After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight.This is for iOS devices. Not shure for android. I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Well this seemed to work for me after testing multiple batteries on multiple flights. It seems to work by just canceling out the app on iOS devices an restarting the app then the limitation are gone .

An make sure your flight logs are synced!

thanks for the advice broski!

Safe flying guys!

Reactions: beb and Oso
I had this issue too and got it "fixed" by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, then it happened again randomly and it just wouldn't work. The next day, without doing *anything* (I hadn't even taken the battery out of the bird) it worked. I will try force-quitting the app if it happens again, thanks for the suggestion!

In any case, DO report the issue to DJI if this happens to you. This is clearly a bug with the latest version of the app, and the more reports they have, the more they're likely to look into it. I actually also suggested to the operator I chatted with that it'd be nice to have a warning about the limitation *before* taking off instead of finding out while in the air... at least we could try the logout/login/force-quit/battery-change dance more easily. :)

I will just relate my experience and let you decide if it applies to your problem.

Last week I started up the drone and flew and it went fine. Later I started up the app but it said I needed to re-calibrate the joysticks. I did that and when I went to fly its height and distance were limited.

About a month ago I flew. The batteries got low so I landed. Stuck a new battery in. Took off. Height and distance limited.

Checked the height settings, they were set on max both times. Not in beginner mode.

How did I solve the problem on both occasions? Simple. I landed. Switch the drone off. Switched the remote off. Then switched both back on. Problem solved they both flew great from then on without restrictions.

I think its a safety measure.

Reactions: Nestmac
Sign out. Uninstall DJI GO. Buy Litchi from the app store on your phone. I have never had any problems using that app and it has features that blow away the DJI app. Spending $25 is way easier and less painful than flying with all the DJI restrictions and allowing them to play big brother.

Is this just an IOS issue or does it effect Android as well? I have read this with great interest & most every reference was with Apple products. I would just like to try & avoid a problem that could cause great damage to an expensive toy.
I know software can crash but this brings a whole new meaning (or maybe an old meaning) to crash!

Happened to me again today. First flight no problem. Second flight (one of the new batteries) the limit kicked in. Problem is it also started yelling ATTI mode and reset my home point. Now I'm 165 feet from my original home point and it won't fly towards me and keeps saying maximum distance reached so it's stuck over the water. Thank god turning the app on and off for me reconnected it and I was able to fly back. Landed, reset and took off again with no problems.

Happened to me again today. First flight no problem. Second flight (one of the new batteries) the limit kicked in. Problem is it also started yelling ATTI mode and reset my home point. Now I'm 165 feet from my original home point and it won't fly towards me and keeps saying maximum distance reached so it's stuck over the water. Thank god turning the app on and off for me reconnected it and I was able to fly back. Landed, reset and took off again with no problems.

Ok so I wanted to come here and ask if someone could look at the flight logs but to make this even more strange my flight logs for today do not show the first part of this flight. The log starts as if I first took off from already over the water.

And regarding my first post. I realize now I probably could have just reset the home position through the app but honestly I panicked and didn't think of that until now.

Did you by any chance take off before locking enough satellites? It sounds like a GPS issue, as if for some reason it suddenly lost satellite reception, then got it back, and decided it was still on the ground so it set the "new" home point. Scary experience though. It would also explain why it considers the flight to begin there.
Good to know that killing the app solved the issue, maybe it's really all it takes to avoid this mess; force-quit and load it from scratch before each flight.

Did you by any chance take off before locking enough satellites? It sounds like a GPS issue, as if for some reason it suddenly lost satellite reception, then got it back, and decided it was still on the ground so it set the "new" home point. Scary experience though. It would also explain why it considers the flight to begin there.
Good to know that killing the app solved the issue, maybe it's really all it takes to avoid this mess; force-quit and load it from scratch before each flight.

No. I definitely was good to go as far as satellites. I don't know if this makes sense but I'm thinking maybe the app didn't save the first couple of minutes in the log because I shut it down? Until this is resolved I guess I'll take off and go up to at least 100' to make sure there's no limitations before I go away from me which usually means over the water.

No. I definitely was good to go as far as satellites. I don't know if this makes sense but I'm thinking maybe the app didn't save the first couple of minutes in the log because I shut it down? Until this is resolved I guess I'll take off and go up to at least 100' to make sure there's no limitations before I go away from me which usually means over the water.
That may be, the only similar issue I had was losing my RC and video connection entirely (on a flight right after a limited one, also completely unexpected) and the flight log is cut off on Airdata, but it's complete on the DJI Go app.
Going up to 30 meters / 100 feet altitude — or 50 meters / 165 feet away — immediately to see if there's any limitation is probably the best approach.

I am not able to fly much these days so I can't do it myself, but just out of sheer curiosity, can you try checking whether it allows you to start a live streaming before you take off, and see if it's also limited once in flight? Someone in a similar thread I opened reported that apparently live streaming should also be blocked when the limitation is enforced, which could work as a way to find out whether it's going to work or not *before* taking off. See Limited to 50m/30m, logged in; maybe due to split data in DJI Go?

That may be, the only similar issue I had was losing my RC and video connection entirely (on a flight right after a limited one, also completely unexpected) and the flight log is cut off on Airdata, but it's complete on the DJI Go app.
Going up to 30 meters / 100 feet altitude — or 50 meters / 165 feet away — immediately to see if there's any limitation is probably the best approach.

I am not able to fly much these days so I can't do it myself, but just out of sheer curiosity, can you try checking whether it allows you to start a live streaming before you take off, and see if it's also limited once in flight? Someone in a similar thread I opened reported that apparently live streaming should also be blocked when the limitation is enforced, which could work as a way to find out whether it's going to work or not *before* taking off. See Limited to 50m/30m, logged in; maybe due to split data in DJI Go?

I have a busy week getting ready for a vacation next week so I'm not sure if I'll be getting out this week again but when I do I will definitely try. the strange part is that it's only the new batteries. I know for sure the first time was a new one and so was this time but i don't know if it was the same battery or both the new ones. I have them marked now so I will know if it happens again. Both times it was on my second flight of the day so next time i'll use the new battery first then the old battery for the second flight.

OK folks - John Wright here, Muskoka, Ontario Canada - Certified / Insured pilot - 3rd annual SFOC in hand. I had this EXACT same issue happen to me yesterday on a business shoot - changed batteries for 2nd flight and got the restricted message for height and distance. Had i not JUST read this post the night before, i would have been apoplectic :) So i talked with my IT man and several mentors. Most had not heard of the issue. I have no idea how to LOG OUT of the DJI GO app on my ipad mini - (typically - i just close the app) - so my IT man suggested doing a HARD REBOOT on the ipad mini which clears the cache - and go again. So about 15 minutes ago - i did the hard reboot - changed batteries and go NO restrictions..... i will continue the testing but im pretty jammed today editing after a week of shoots. For the record, I updated the firmware about 6 weeks ago after purchasing (up-grading to the Phantom3Pro so my firware was/is 'current'. This mentioning of 'logging in' - on many posts above is confusing to me. If any of you know a way to just 'clear the cache' on the DJI GO app - pls advise - I have not looked yet. Hope this helps a few of you. best from Johnny W - safe flying to you all.

John, to log out go to the "Me" tab in the DJI Go app, tap the gear icon and then "Sign out"; you'll be able to sign in to your DJI account again once you're signed out. On the same screen you can also clear the app cache.
It doesn't really seem to always work though, whereas killing the app (double tap on the home button and then swiping up from the recent apps list) *seems* to be a more reliable approach, with or without signing out and back in.

OK folks - John Wright here, Muskoka, Ontario Canada - Certified / Insured pilot - 3rd annual SFOC in hand. I had this EXACT same issue happen to me yesterday on a business shoot - changed batteries for 2nd flight and got the restricted message for height and distance. Had i not JUST read this post the night before, i would have been apoplectic :) So i talked with my IT man and several mentors. Most had not heard of the issue. I have no idea how to LOG OUT of the DJI GO app on my ipad mini - (typically - i just close the app) - so my IT man suggested doing a HARD REBOOT on the ipad mini which clears the cache - and go again. So about 15 minutes ago - i did the hard reboot - changed batteries and go NO restrictions..... i will continue the testing but im pretty jammed today editing after a week of shoots. For the record, I updated the firmware about 6 weeks ago after purchasing (up-grading to the Phantom3Pro so my firware was/is 'current'. This mentioning of 'logging in' - on many posts above is confusing to me. If any of you know a way to just 'clear the cache' on the DJI GO app - pls advise - I have not looked yet. Hope this helps a few of you. best from Johnny W - safe flying to you all.
Here are a couple of threads that might shed some light:

Background of the restrictions, release notes, how to videos:
RC issue after firmware update??

How to log out:
Cannot fly further than 50 m although limit is set to 250m

Thread discussing the returning of restrictions:
After being cleared, flight restrictions return with power up (battery change)

Hello Everyone. I read the forum regularly although I'm not active in writing. This time I share the problem with my fellow pilots. My Phantom 3 Adv can not fly more than 30m in height and in the distance. After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight.This is for iOS devices. Not shure for android. I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina
I also have found this to be the case. Just close the app and reopen before each flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic