P3A won't let me ascend past 100ft an go father then like 120ft

Reaction score
I have tried logging out an back into my DJI account. To make sure my drone is registered properly. Still same result

I've tried makeing sure the max altitude an the max distance is set correctly.Still same results.

Someone please help me out what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

d782fb943eb48189d90d84f1e458aef0.jpg

c1406dcab0678c2ed9b04191f2639fd5.jpg
25fab257b7fe6bafe94415602aec8130.jpg

If the obvious log in/out trick isn't working, delete and reinstall the app and log back in. Seems to working for a number of other users.

I have tried logging out an back into my DJI account. To make sure my drone is registered properly. Still same result

I've tried makeing sure the max altitude an the max distance is set correctly.Still same results.

Someone please help me out what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

d782fb943eb48189d90d84f1e458aef0.jpg

c1406dcab0678c2ed9b04191f2639fd5.jpg
25fab257b7fe6bafe94415602aec8130.jpg
Hi, I'm in the same boat with the altitude and distance. Help us help us.

If you only have one battery, delete and reinstall the app. Make sure you really are logged into your DJI account; a friend categorically said to me he was logged in and he was totally fed up with DJI..... and when I looked at the app, yep he categorically, was not!

This happened to me . It was flying fine had to being it back to me to change the battery. went to fly it went up fine flew it about 120 feet it told me max distance reach. bought it back to me and landed it. went in to the program to see what it was set at it was in normal fly mode return home set at 300 feet in the air no distance and beginner mode was not set. Around 8/14/17 11:00 am eastern time.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. I read the forum regularly although I'm not active in writing. This time I share the problem with my fellow pilots. My Phantom 3 Adv can not fly more than 30m in height and in the distance. After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight.This is for iOS devices. Not shure for android. I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello Everyone. I read the forum regularly although I'm not active in writing. This time I share the problem with my fellow pilots. My Phantom 3 Adv can not fly more than 30m in height and in the distance. After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight.This is for iOS devices. Not shure for android. I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks for posting that information. Would you mind also posting it in this thread:
Flight restrictions return with battery change

Hi, I'm in the same boat with the altitude and distance. Help us help us.

You keep mentioning logging in and out....what does that mean? turning on the DJI app and turning it off?...i did for the 1st time when it was on the computer log in with my sms and it sent me a number....but that was to turn on the motors....that done, i now have a restricted flight 98 ft alt 167 ft distance. hoow do i get rid of that...all settings are for NO MAX distance and 400 ft alt.

totally confused

Vinc9951

OK OK OK...someone mentioned deleting DJI go app and re-downloading it.....That worked....at least for now....i haven't tried my other batteries, but the restriction is NO MORE.

thank you all

a little less confused ! lol
Vinc 9951

You keep mentioning logging in and out....what does that mean? turning on the DJI app and turning it off?...i did for the 1st time when it was on the computer log in with my sms and it sent me a number....but that was to turn on the motors....that done, i now have a restricted flight 98 ft alt 167 ft distance. hoow do i get rid of that...all settings are for NO MAX distance and 400 ft alt.

totally confused

Vinc9951
Try reading in full this one single post to see if it sheds some light:
RC issue after firmware update??

If the obvious log in/out trick isn't working, delete and reinstall the app and log back in. Seems to working for a number of other users.

I have also done that multiple times same result. At one point it was fixed after have the initial problem. Then the next time I went out it happened Again.

This talk about the battery is interesting so I might look into that further more.

Thank you for you response broski! [emoji41]

If you updated you will have to delete and reinstall the app. When you sign back in you will have to click accept for the new rules and regulations to be able fly as before.

Have you tried with a few different batteries? It eventually clears itself, but it's a PITA when it happens.

Yes I have tried with different batteries at one point it started working after the initial problem. Then when I brought it back out a different day after thinking it was fixed it started back limiting my distance again.

Thanks for the response.

If you only have one battery, delete and reinstall the app. Make sure you really are logged into your DJI account; a friend categorically said to me he was logged in and he was totally fed up with DJI..... and when I looked at the app, yep he categorically, was not!

How would you know if you were logged in? I go into the main screen we're you see your drone and it ask you to go into camera settings. Instead of going to camera I go into settings to were it says log out. So that is telling me that I am logged in.

So I log out just for the sake of augment log back in so I consider that knowing that I am correctly logged in.

Please tell me if that is wrong.

Thanks for the feedback broski! [emoji1488]

OK OK OK...someone mentioned deleting DJI go app and re-downloading it.....That worked....at least for now....i haven't tried my other batteries, but the restriction is NO MORE.

thank you all

a little less confused ! lol
Vinc 9951

Yeah mine started working for a moment to after doing that process. Then I went out the next day an it was back restricted smh.

Are you using multiple batteries or just one?

An is she still flying with different batteries?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl