P3A video has bad 'delay'

Reaction score
Help, my P3A operates normal but last 6 out of 7 times there's a 15 to 20 second delay on the tablet screen on what the camera lens sees. just taking still photo's. Got it New in February and did 1 firm ware update in march a real PIA. with all the Bugs in the latest update, I Don't want to update again, any help would be Appreciated.

Try with another phone or tablet. I believe delay is coming out of your tablet.

There is always a slight screen freeze / delay when taking stills which can be 15/20 secs If you are taking HD pics.

Update everything. AC RC and go app. Mine p3a has never been better after this latest update. It's very easy to do. Delete all dji on your device, not just the app cuz there will be some dji folders left after uninstall. Them put the BIN on sd card, put in AC. No problem at all. Update RC and relink remote to AC.

Reactions: Numone
Help, my P3A operates normal but last 6 out of 7 times there's a 15 to 20 second delay on the tablet screen on what the camera lens sees. just taking still photo's. Got it New in February and did 1 firm ware update in march a real PIA. with all the Bugs in the latest update, I Don't want to update again, any help would be Appreciated.

Telling us what device you use to view the feed is a good start mate, usually this is down to the device running slow.

This works for me. hope it helps :)

Attachments

• 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 256
Telling us what device you use to view the feed is a good start mate, usually this is down to the device running slow.
He started this happens "just taking still photos". When taking pics, especially HD, the start/stop button spins as the image is written to the SD card. This happens because the camera doesn't have a memory buffer.

I'd also tell us or check / try replace your SD memory card - if it's a low spec (slow) or faulty / needing reformat - that may be a cause of slow response too - I too have P3A and P3P (higher res so should be slower) and pics take only a few seconds to take..

I believe the OP is talking about video lag and not the screen blanking due to the storing of a photo on the SD card.

I have not been flying much and haven't upgraded the software in over a year, however, the app updates automatically. Recently I have been experiencing a delay of 7/8 seconds between the command and the visual appearing on screen. For example, I yaw around but the screen delays the rotation on the iPhone 7 by a good few seconds. Not a problem when filming something static, but on a moving target it's a nightmare.

I too thought that the SD card might be the answer, but I need to do some testing again just to confirm this.

Turn off p3.
Unplug all the cables from the gimbal board. Wait 30secs. Plug back in and let us know.

I believe the OP is talking about video lag and not the screen blanking due to the storing of a photo on the SD card.

I have not been flying much and haven't upgraded the software in over a year, however, the app updates automatically. Recently I have been experiencing a delay of 7/8 seconds between the command and the visual appearing on screen. For example, I yaw around but the screen delays the rotation on the iPhone 7 by a good few seconds. Not a problem when filming something static, but on a moving target it's a nightmare.

I too thought that the SD card might be the answer, but I need to do some testing again just to confirm this.
So when the OP says it happens when "just taking still photos" obviously he means he has video lag....

Also the RC started beeping with the Red light blinking (not good) found out to fix ALL ISSUES is do a RC re Callibration with the drone turned off. Got me going again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1