P3A/P - is our range crippled now??

Meta is correct on the height limit. It is 500m altitude. You will need to change this in your go app and accept the responsibilities.
DJI has used 120m as height as a common guidance for all countries. But DJI has also used 120m height as yard stick for distance to calculate and publish the specs under controlled conditions to make comparisons easier. Think of Pythagoras theorem (a2+b2=c2). The higher you go, the shorter the horizontal range. If they used 500m as the ceiling, and if my calcs are correct, the range will drop from 1.2km to 1.1km in the P34K.

Hypothetically speaking, if you increase the ceiling to 1km, the horizontal range would be 670m.
Now if they didn't use the standard, then it would be very hard to compare without doing some calculations.

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
Thankyou for pointing out the spec sheet wording to me.
If you'd read what I wrote you would realise that I am fully aware of the wording there.
So whats the problem????
If you compared the actual performance that real Standard achieves instead of repeating the badly worded specs over and over you might get closer to making sense.
Funny, you use "badly worded" as an excuse when all I did was point out something that you have spent the last 3 weeks trying to hide or deny. (The fact that DJI HAS made changes that are beginning to limit what people can do compared to the past)

What's really sad is someone who either through ignorance or malice continually distorts facts even when they are pointed out clearly.
Distorted??? Copied and Pasted from DJIs site.
As is so often the case AKA, you have no idea what you are on about.
Check your facts instead of making them up to suit your twisted views from the fact-free zone you inhabit.
The Standard and the new 4K wifi Phantoms have the same altitude range as the Advanced and Pro
ie. They can fly up to 500 metres above home point
If that is the case, why did DJI need to inject the 120m at all??
No, this is 1 more attempt to try to get me to shut up, as well as a hand full of others who speak out against some of the changes DJI has made.

So whats the problem????
No, this is 1 more attempt to try to get me to shut up, as well as a hand full of others who speak out against some of the changes DJI has made.
The problem is that you go on and on with your fact-free trolling.
I'm not going to waste typing explaining it again.
You have no idea what you are on about.
Anyone taking advice from you would do well to use caution and check things for themselves.

Can some one with a P3S please see if it will fly higher than 120m above the take off point/home point. Dji say on there site that its software limited to 120m so I would expect it to stop climbing at 120m with a warning on the Go app saying something like height limit reached with no way of going through it. I would expect the Pro to do the same thing at 500m. This is the way it looks from the Dji site. Where does it say the P3S or P34k can fly up to 500m above the take off/home point?

My P3P cant fly 1m just now as the last time I turned it on white smoke came out if it. It's on it's way back to the shop [emoji22]

Last edited:
The problem is that you go on and on with your fact-free trolling.
I'm not going to waste typing explaining it again.
You have no idea what you are on about.
Anyone taking advice from you would do well to use caution and check things for themselves.
I gave you obvious info even from the DJI website... and I dont know what Im talking about?? On the contrary

Meta, You do not like when someone points out when you make a mistake. Its ok, we all do at times

Can some one with a P3S please see if it will fly higher than 120m above the take off point/home point. Dji say on there site that its software limited to 120m so I would expect it to stop climbing at 120m with a warning on the Go app saying something like height limit reached with no way of going through it. I would expect the Pro to do the same thing at 500m. This is the way it looks from the Dji site. Where does it say the P3S or P34k can fly up to 500m above the take off/home point?

My P3P cant fly 1m just now as the last time I turned it on white smoke came out if it. It's on it's way back to the shop [emoji22]
I have mine set at 500 m and though I haven't took it that far up I have 275 m just to check it.
I did get that warning but took care of that .;)
Will go farther than specs also with a few tweaks .
3.04 miles.PNG

Reactions: Meta4
Facts are 4k is less altitude at 120m while Pro is 500m. Fact is that this cripples the altitude which is distance. Since when is more than 50% reduction not crippling? ?
Facts are 4k is less altitude at 120m while Pro is 500m. Fact is that this cripples the altitude which is distance. Since when is more than 50% reduction not crippling? ?
The 4K & Standard are wifi hence their shorter range difference. While the 120m limit is the default you can easily bypass that to 500m on all of them. Every model has a 6000m ceiling.
You seem to always have to make problems here when posting no matter who it is. This is a regular thing with you and I think the time to take action is now.

Can some one with a P3S please see if it will fly higher than 120m above the take off point/home point. Dji say on there site that its software limited to 120m so I would expect it to stop climbing at 120m with a warning on the Go app saying something like height limit reached with no way of going through it.
I've taken my P3S up to 500m. The default altitude limit in the Go app is 120m, but you can change it to whatever you like, up to 500m.

Reactions: Meta4
I have mine set at 500 m and though I haven't took it that far up I have 275 m just to check it.
I did get that warning but took care of that .;)
Will go farther than specs also with a few tweaks .
View attachment 39544

On your flight record it says max height 302.5feet. That only comes in at 92.2m well bellow the software limited height of 120m according to the Dji site. If you guys can go over the 120m/394feet there must be an error on the Dji site.

If s car is software limited to 70mph it can't go over that. If it can go over 70mph it's not software limited to 70mph.

On your flight record it says max height 302.5feet. That only comes in at 92.2m well bellow the software limited height of 120m according to the Dji site. If you guys can go over the 120m/394feet there must be an error on the Dji site.
He probably posted the wrong screenshot. Here's mine from the flight in the video I posted. The DJI website is indeed wrong.
IMG_0012.jpg

302' was the highest I was on that run and where I was at the RTH spot I had lowered to 298' . That log shot was to show how far my standard has been .You didn't understand what I said :)
What I should have showed was this .
IMG_2178.PNG

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
The 4K & Standard are wifi hence their shorter range difference. While the 120m limit is the default you can easily bypass that to 500m on all of them. Every model has a 6000m ceiling.
You seem to always have to make problems here when posting no matter who it is. This is a regular thing with you and I think the time to take action is now.

So I had asked this in a previous thread, I'll ask it again since you appear to know different LuvMyTJ. The wording below appears to infer different regarding the ability to change the limit on the 4k. So the difference in the spec is just bad wording on the 4k?

Phantom 3 Pro - (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Phantom 3 4k - (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Ah. I see the standard has the same language as the 4k so guess since real world test says the Standard can go higher that would infer the 4k will as well....

Last edited:
I don't have any telemetry on it, but I have a video on my You Tube page of me taking my Standard up to 500m, have done many times.

So I had asked this in a previous thread, I'll ask it again since you appear to know different LuvMyTJ. The wording below appears to infer different regarding the ability to change the limit on the 4k. So the difference in the spec is just bad wording on the 4k?

Phantom 3 Pro - (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Phantom 3 4k - (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Ah. I see the standard has the same language as the 4k so guess since real world test says the Standard can go higher that would infer the 4k will as well....
I saw that and believe that it is just a translation/wording issue. I think they used "default" & "software" meaning the same thing. Either way, it is clear by real world test that it does go much higher.

I am sure glad that guy was banned, I had him on my block list but he still showed up in quotes. On another note I have seen no range change in my P3A (initial release) with all firmware updates applied. Over 200 flights so far without one issue. (knock, knock :) )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20