What Now? P3A, P3P or none?

Reaction score
With the recent release of the Mavic and continued focus on the tech being used in the P4, what is the future for the P3 line?

I currently own a P3 4K (which I love), but ultimately wanted to move on to the Advanced or Pro. Will these be discontinued soon? If so, will the prices continue to drop? While I could certainly buy a P3A right now, I want I have a better idea of what the future holds for these amazing birds. Thoughts? Updates? News?

I just ordered a Mavic and love my P3p. Would love to add a P3 4K for autonomous litchi flights.

So answer is all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Phantom and Inspire , both the series co-exist. I am sure Phantom and magic will also co-exist.

If Mavic performs well, all beginners will definitely prefer Mavic.

I just ordered a Mavic and love my P3p. Would love to add a P3 4K for autonomous litchi flights.

So answer is all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Why not use the P3P for those Litchi flights?

After the release of the mavic i think dji have almost shot themselfs in the foot why would you buy a p4 over a mavic???? Ive already written to santa this is my list:
Mavic
Mavic
Mavic
or go pro karma
New pants!!

Yeah, the mavic is cool but why do I need one? I fly out of my back property 99x out of 100 so I really don't need the portability. I wouldn't mind having one, but I don't "need" one.

But yeah, I suppose the P3's may be abandoned by DJI at some point relatively soon. By comparison, the P2V came out in Sept 2013 and was abandoned in the fall of 2015, meaning no more firmware updates.

Then, the P4 came along in March 2016.

The P3 came out in 2014. The P5 is on its way (word - msinger).

You do the math.

Why not use the P3P for those Litchi flights?
Because I don't want to crack up my tricked out P3p. Also the P3s 4K is perfect for Litchi. The flight time is longer and replacement when I wreck it is less.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj