P3A image issues

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I’m new to this forum and need your expertise. I recently bought a P3A from eBay. Drone works great flys really well however there is lag between the camera and what’s displayed on the DJI go app... even when it’s on the bench. I’ve updated the firmware on the controller to the latest one today.... didn’t fix. Drone is on the last firmware update 1.120 I think. The controller has had a mod replacing the antenna’s with an ITELITE extender before I purchased. Just wanted to know as when I search the internet loads of people report issues. I’ve connected an android, iPad, iPhone SE and the experience is identical. Help please

Let us know how it works out.

What’s the best way to pop the clear pins that lock on the gimble
Plate so they don’t break ?
Welcome to the forum!

The video below shows how I remove the anti drop pins. Some people just break them off and use 4 loosely fitted zip ties. I keep two pins and two zip ties.

there is lag between the camera and what’s displayed on the DJI go app
This has often been caused by an under powered (or over taxed) mobile device. You listed a few different devices. Are they current? Are the devices dedicated to the P3 or are you running more than than just the GO app?

Three of the devices you mentioned were Apple, so perhaps try these tips for setting up your device and the GO app:
HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

We have also seen cases of this being fixed by improving the heat dissipation within the gimbal main (top) board enclosure as seen here:
Phantom 3 Advanced Video Lag FIXED! – UAVDoc

I recently bought a P3A from eBay.
If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I’m new to this forum and need your expertise. I recently bought a P3A from eBay. Drone works great flys really well however there is lag between the camera and what’s displayed on the DJI go app... even when it’s on the bench. I’ve updated the firmware on the controller to the latest one today.... didn’t fix. Drone is on the last firmware update 1.120 I think. The controller has had a mod replacing the antenna’s with an ITELITE extender before I purchased. Just wanted to know as when I search the internet loads of people report issues. I’ve connected an android, iPad, iPhone SE and the experience is identical. Help please
I found that image lag disappeared after disabling video caching to my tablet.

Welcome to the forum!

The video below shows how I remove the anti drop pins. Some people just break them off and use 4 loosely fitted zip ties. I keep two pins and two zip ties.

Keeping the pins/ties "Loose" is important. A tight bind will produce unwanted jiggles. The rubber shocks need full play to isolate the vibrations and allow the gimbal to smooth it out.

Hi guys.
Just about to strip the bird down to wipe the connectors with alcohol wipes and look at this picture !!!!
upload_2018-10-1_23-43-17.jpeg

It looks like the previous owner has not put the ribbon in the right place and squashed the outer copper strand

Hi guys.
Just about to strip the bird down to wipe the connectors with alcohol wipes and look at this picture !!!!View attachment 103929

It looks like the previous owner has not put the ribbon in the right place and squashed the outer copper strand
Absolutely chuffed to bits. Placed the cable in the recess and immediate fix.... still going to order a new cable and replace. Have you guys got a decent YouTube video on how to get into the unit to replace the main cable!!!!!

Absolutely chuffed to bits. Placed the cable in the recess and immediate fix.... still going to order a new cable and replace. Have you guys got a decent YouTube video on how to get into the unit to replace the main cable!!!!!
Good job! Seems like 90% of the image problems I read about are related to that ribbon cable.

Reactions: Ricey44

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj